The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

which is waste drain and which is fresh water

+3
willconquerer
Jaytee
Gromit
7 posters

Go down

which is waste drain and which is fresh water Empty which is waste drain and which is fresh water

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:53 am

ok guys here goes with my first question since picking up my symbol last Thursday,and please treat me gently as I am a motorhome virgin at 68 years young.when we picked it up we got the grand tour and were shown how everything works ect,but one thing eludes me,that is which is the waste drain and which is fresh water drain.one is on the end of a hose clipped to the offside underbody of the van,the other is fixed to a tank positioned in the middle of the underfloor. What is simple to one is a is not so obvious to others eh.                                                                                                             THANKS TO ALL,I THINK I WILL GO WITH [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
 THE HOSE CLIPPED TO THE OFFSIDE BEING WASTE

Last edited by dutydog on Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

which is waste drain and which is fresh water Empty Re: which is waste drain and which is fresh water

Post by Gromit Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:02 am

I don't know your van, but if you want to know in a hurry why not send something brightly coloured down the sink, then see which tap it comes out of?

Some food colouring with a few litres of water should be enough.

Fresh water taps are often blue, while waste taps are grey. Not always, but it's a good clue if yours are that colour.

Dave smile!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

which is waste drain and which is fresh water Empty Re: which is waste drain and which is fresh water

Post by Jaytee Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:21 am

The waste as Gromit says is normally grey and normally on the offside of the van so any waste container (and any smell) is not in the awning area. Gromit's idea will be conclusive though.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper Model : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by willconquerer Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:24 am

I think it is sure to be that the waste water is the one clipped to the underbody so you can remove it and then operate and direct it into a waste drain or receptacle and the one fixed to what is sure to be the fresh water tank is the tank drain since that will be clean water and it can safely be drained more or less anywhere.

Best wishes with your new van.
willconquerer
willconquerer

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : warwickduo

Back to top Go down

Post by Spospe Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:24 am

Never mind adding colour to the water, just start to fill the fresh tank, the hole the water starts to come out of will be the drain for the fresh tank.

When you have identified the fresh tank, close that tap and fill the sink with water and then drain it, the hole the water comes out of will be the waste tank.
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:41 am

Spospe wrote:Never mind adding colour to the water, just start to fill the fresh tank, the hole the water starts to come out of will be the drain for the fresh tank.
I presumed he would already have filled his fresh water tank, in which case your method (which would work fine up! ) would be more of a fiddle, as he would have to drain down both tanks before he could start the test from empty. Depending where he is, that might not be convenient.

I'm an idle git, so anything to make it more simple. Whistle1  lol4

Dave
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartfarst Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:28 am

Welcome to the group!

I agree, the waste pipe is that which is clipped-up.

A quick note about this pipe: I may be stating the obvious but it is absolutely imperative that this pipe is clipped back up before moving-off. The reason is that if the tap end touches the ground it could be drawn back under the rear wheel at best damaging the pipe/tank, and at worst wrenching the waste tank off the body.

Bartfarst
Bartfarst
Bartfarst

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper Model : 1995 Boxer Harmony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul 300358 Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:17 pm

Ours is a 2006 Symbol. The waste is the one on the end of the hose. It is easier to reach than the fixed fresh water tap. We empty ours every 2 days when we are away to stop any smells. We only empty the harder to get at fresh water when we get home. up!
Paul 300358
Paul 300358
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

which is waste drain and which is fresh water Empty which is waste drain and which is fresh water

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:37 pm

many thanks to all who posted reply"s
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by KMRTOPAZ Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:36 pm

Absolutely riveting stuff this. Better than telly !    Keith
KMRTOPAZ
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 91
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz T5

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:48 am

KMRTOPAZ wrote:Absolutely riveting stuff this. Better than telly !    Keith
To those of us with experience who already know about these things, but the OP is watching the programme for the first time!! smile!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down