The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Mains plugged in while engine running"

+2
Solaris
Libbyforum
6 posters

Go down

"Mains plugged in while engine running" Empty "Mains plugged in while engine running"

Post by Libbyforum Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:26 am

70 plate Fairford with Sargent EC700 control panel.  Now showing message "Mains plugged in while engine running" and alarm beeping virtually non-stop.  I've turned all fuses off then on, and gone through mains connection and disconnection steps as per the manual - but still the problem persists.  Any ideas how to resolve please?
Libbyforum
Libbyforum

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

"Mains plugged in while engine running" Empty Re: "Mains plugged in while engine running"

Post by Solaris Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:03 am

Have you actually unplugged the mains lead from the van? Just being connected causes the alarm
Solaris
Solaris

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2018

Peter Brown likes this post

Back to top Go down

"Mains plugged in while engine running" Empty Re: "Mains plugged in while engine running"

Post by Libbyforum Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:53 pm

Yes, and driven it several miles but still the problem persists unfortunately
Libbyforum
Libbyforum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:04 pm

Just guessing, have you completely shutdown/reset the EC700 at the main unit?
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Libbyforum Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:25 pm

I turned the Power Supply Unit (PSU) off and for the hell of it the main fuses too, then put them all on again - so I presume that constitutes what you've asked.
Libbyforum
Libbyforum

Male

Dbvwt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:23 pm

Were there any other changes to the van, or do you get any other symptoms which started at the same time as these?
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by GP1069 Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:02 pm

On the control panel does the lighting strike mains icon still show ?

and have you tried turning OFF the orange and green buttons on the front right of the power supply ?

AS Warwick XL
MINI GP #1069
GP1069
GP1069
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Libbyforum Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:24 pm

No other changes to the van and no other symptoms have developed.  I'll have a look next time i'm at the van.  It's stored on a site a few miles away.
Not sure about the lightening strike mains icon.  I did turn the orange & green lights off and then on again - or whatever the 'un-hooking' instructions say.  But still the problem persists.
Thank you all for your persistence in trying to identify.  The chap I spoke with at AS was at a loss as to what to advise.
Libbyforum
Libbyforum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by GP1069 Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:14 pm

Then you should call Sargent tech support and have a chat with them, it does sound like there is a problem with the main power supply unit as the mains is turned on by the green and orange switches. They can send parts ahead to your dealer if they can identify what the issue is.

AS Warwick XL
MINI GP #1069
GP1069
GP1069
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL

Back to top Go down

Post by Libbyforum Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:13 pm

Thank you very much for your help
Libbyforum
Libbyforum

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:40 pm

I have only ever run the engine once whilst connected to an EHU but never again.  It went berserk.  Fortunately when I turned the engine off, which I did very quickly, normal service was resumed.  The reason I started the engine was to read the wretched LPG gauge after my wife complained there was no gas.  She was right, we had run out which wasn't a clever thing to do.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo

Back to top Go down