The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terrible Smell

3 posters

Go down

Terrible Smell Empty Terrible Smell

Post by Courteney Bowler Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:54 pm

Had a terrible smell in our 1998 Duetto when camping. Checked the gas system and fairly certain it was not the source. Opened the bonnet and it was an even stronger smell that seemed to come from the leisure battery but we were not 100% certain. The battery was quite hot in the morning after using the 12v lights the night before. Is that usual? We cut short our stay. When we got home, 125 miles, the leisure battery was almost too hot to touch. Would it being charged as the van is driven cause it to get hot or is it a fault? If not the battery any thoughts on what it could be? I am fairly certain it is nothing to do with the operation of the vehicle. I am not at all technical and know very little re. electrics. I would very much appreciate any thoughts or advice. Thanks

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down

Terrible Smell Empty Re: Terrible Smell

Post by Bilbobaggins Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:02 pm

Leisure battery needs changed asap. Disconnect straight away and do not use, search battery using facility above for more info

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

mikethebike and Dbvwt like this post

Back to top Go down

Terrible Smell Empty Re: Terrible Smell

Post by Tinwheeler Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:42 pm

There’s a similar thread on the go [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Your battery is giving off sulphur gas and is unstable. Bilbo has given good advice.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down