The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

waste tank on trident

5 posters

Go down

waste tank on trident Empty waste tank on trident

Post by mal6186 Tue May 03, 2011 1:56 pm

I may be being a bit thick here so apologies - I have noticed some T4 tridents/troopers have a waste tank as well as fresh water. I would like to fit one but my question is how do you empty it - its obviously under the floor and so very low - do you have to connect a hose to it? If you do then that seems just as much hassle as putting a container under hose and then emptying it yourself as I do now. Any suggestions. I have looked at CAK tank kits and they seem to make sense but want to know if its worth the bother.
thanks
mal6186
mal6186

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident

Back to top Go down

waste tank on trident Empty Re: waste tank on trident

Post by stevomar Tue May 03, 2011 2:35 pm

Hi Mal
I thought all Tridents had waste tanks fitted as standard. Do you think that maybe at some time a previous owner removed the tank ?
As for emptying them there is a tap to to that - the same type as on the freash water tank.
I had to take my tank off to replace the tap when it grounded on a speed bump. The waste tank is very easy to take off and put back on. All you need to do is undo loosen off 4 long bolts that are suspended from the chassis (these bolts connect to two pieces of angled aluminium that the tank sits on) and undo the waste water hose. If you look under your van its the same type of arrangement that holds the fresh water tank on.
I've only ever seen one second hand tank for aTrident or Trooper on Ebay so your best bet would be to enquire at Autosleepers on 01386 853338 themselves. They supplied me with a tap and a couple of the long bolts so should have the tank and the angle aswell. However I reckon a new tank will be quiteexpensive - It will be cheaper just continue using a portable wast tank.

Hope this helps

Stevo

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : VW Trident

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue May 03, 2011 3:25 pm

Is yours an early model Trident Mal? (sorry can't remember) if so perhaps these didn't have a waste tank perhaps? as Stevo said there is a tap underneath like a water but tap ours is red in colour, this empties the water tank on ours and the waste tank (on ours at least) has a small on/off tap similar to a washing machine connection (best I can describe it) to empty the waste tank, dont know if this has been modified or if they both should have the same kind of tap?

Should be easy enough to see if the waste tank has been removed, on your knees! waste tank on trident 1819939118

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by mal6186 Tue May 03, 2011 3:52 pm

Wow that was quick! Mine is an old 1993 trident so maybe waste tanks were optional then or it has been removed. The CAK tanks one suggests it fits near sliding door I think. Don't think I explained my real question very well - what I meant was when you open the tap on the waste tank you presumably have to make sure it goes down a drain or something? Otherwise you may as well let it out onto campsite or do as I do now and put portable container under the waste pipe and carry this to drain? Tank and fitting kit are about £100 - didn't think that was too bad. I intend to keep van for a while even though its ancient as its in lovely condition even if the lack of power steering is getting to me.
mal6186
mal6186

Back to top Go down

Post by stevomar Tue May 03, 2011 5:20 pm

Hi
We were on site last year (not far from you in fact CC) where the owner specifically asked us to empty our grey (waste) water into the hedge bottom to water it.
Stevo

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : VW Trident

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue May 03, 2011 5:46 pm

Were a friendly bunch around this new of the woods Stevo thats why snigger

Seriously though, it's only washing up water so cant see what the big deal is but I know some sites are very strict about waste water being dispersed on site although I cant say I've ever seen anyone checking or enforcing it shrugg

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by squip Tue May 03, 2011 7:30 pm

A waste tank on the van is useful if you are out in the van for the day and need to wash up or wash your hands. It is also easier to dump water from a tank at sites that have a motor van service point. I would always make use of this any day we took the van off a site for a day trip but if the van is not being moved I use a collapsible bucket to empty as and when.
However there is no right or wrong just different.

squip
squip
squip
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by Dago Tue May 03, 2011 9:31 pm

We also have a collapsable bucket, which we use to empty the waste tank.
Have also used a Fiamma wheeled waste tank, which although can take 20 litres, it a bit of a lump to transport in the van.
So we find the bucket a better bet, even though it takes 3 trips to empty 20 litres.

On my Mazda Bongo, which also doesn't have a waste water tank, I've used a green plastic gallon petrol container marked up as "waste water" which we put under the back of the Bongo to collect the waste water outlet we wash up, as there is no stop tap, once the sink plug is removed.
Dago
Dago
Super Donator & ASOF Supporter
Super Donator & ASOF Supporter

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : 2007 Executive
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by mal6186 Wed May 04, 2011 10:38 am

Think I'll stick with the collapsible bucket and spend my money on something else. Having looked underneath it seems my fresh tank tap has been knocked/repaired at some point where it enters tank and is leaking so maybe I'll be replacing that instead. Thanks for all your comments. If you can all now advise me on how to make a gallon of petrol in my T4 last more than 24 miles I will be very grateful........
mal6186
mal6186

Back to top Go down