The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxer battery

4 posters

Go down

Boxer battery Empty Boxer battery

Post by Tengah74 Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:12 am

Current battery is 5 years old and on it’s way out. Currently reads 12.2 volts after all night charge. Have a yuasa battery yxb 9019 battery fitted, but looking for comparable same size battery. Any advice appreciated.Thanks
Tengah74

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex duo

Back to top Go down

Boxer battery Empty Re: Boxer battery

Post by Paulmold Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:32 am

The 019 battery is pretty common for the Boxer. Visit Tayna Batteries website, enter your registration number and it'll give you a range to choose from. Yuasa are a good make and come with longer warranty than most.
I've had my van 6years now and never replaced vehicle battery (can't remember brand) and don't know how old it is , it may have been new when I bought van or it could a lot older.
Halfords own brand batteries are made by Yuasa and the good bit is that if you have problem then you can go to any Halfords which is good when you're 200 miles away from home.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

rgermain and orac like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Gee Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:50 pm

The other good thing about Halfords is they will come to you and fit it (I stupidly killed mine when I first got the XL and decided against putting my back out trying to lift the old one out and put the new one in as they aren't the lightest things to lift)
Dave Gee
Dave Gee

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2018

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tengah74 Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:32 pm

Paulmold wrote:The 019 battery is pretty common for the Boxer. Visit Tayna Batteries website, enter your registration number and it'll give you a range to choose from. Yuasa are a good make and come with longer warranty than most.
I've had my van 6years now and never replaced vehicle battery (can't remember brand) and don't know how old it is , it may have been new when I bought van or it could a lot older.
Halfords own brand batteries are made by Yuasa and the good bit is that if you have problem then you can go to any Halfords which is good when you're 200 miles away from home.
Thanks for that.
Tengah74

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:16 pm

Tengah 74       Lightnings?? scratch head
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Tengah74 Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:49 pm

IanH wrote:Tengah 74       Lightnings?? scratch head
Yep. 74Sqn , Coltishall, Leuchars and Tengah. Then another 7 years on 5 Sqn Binbrook. 14 years altogether. Must have upset someone .!! Also did a aTengah tour 60 to 62 on 60 Sqn. Meteors and Jav’s. Happy days.j
Tengah74

Male

Back to top Go down