The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2024 Auto-sleeper van conversions

3 posters

Go down

2024 Auto-sleeper van conversions Empty 2024 Auto-sleeper van conversions

Post by Filbert Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:16 am

Hi, Does anybody on the forum have any further information as I’ve noticed on Auto trader that on the new 2024 vans that Auto-Sleepers are now fitting Dometic fridges and have stopped fitting external fridge vents. I’m assuming that they have gone over to the 12v compressor type fridges. There doesn’t appear to be any updated information on Auto-Sleepers website.

I was wondering whether there would be a requirement to increase battery capacity using this type of fridge for extended off grid use?

Thanks
Filbert
Filbert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down

2024 Auto-sleeper van conversions Empty Re: 2024 Auto-sleeper van conversions

Post by harrysp Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:48 am

You’re right, it’s on the website spec:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We’ve had a compressor fridge now for a year, and having had reservations about it, it’s turned out fine. The AS spec says a larger fridge, so might use more power than ours. It seems to be the trend in most PVCs.

Our van came with 2 100ah batteries and one 100w solar panel. We changed the batteries for a 200ah lithium and added a B2B. So far we’ve had no problems with 12v power, although we don’t do more than 3 nights off grid. If touring, moving every 2-3 days the B2B keeps the battery charged. Other owners who do longer periods off grid recommend more solar but are happy with the 2 supplied batteries. In winter this will be different of course. In winter we seldom do off grid but are happy with 1 night for fridge, other 12v stuff, heating and charging phones. We’d probably manage a second night if needed. 

The fridge itself works well, is very quiet and performed well in hot weather.

Harry
harrysp
harrysp
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : Former Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2015

Filbert likes this post

Back to top Go down

2024 Auto-sleeper van conversions Empty Re: 2024 Auto-sleeper van conversions

Post by Monty-Plym Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:19 am

I wonder if AS have changed the shape of the worktop above the compressor fridge to remove the space grabbing curve. It doesn't look like they have updated the Photos or the 360 walkaround but they have changed the spec.  Getting rid of the 3 way fridge for a compressor fridge was one of the first mods I did on my 2020 Warwick XL, I found the 3 way had to be dead level to work properly, no chance of that in Plymouth, especially on my driveway.  They have also included an option for a 100Ah Lithium but not allowed for an upgrade to the Solar which is a shame.  Unfortunately they have kept the cosmetic roof bars which means additional holes in the roof for no apparent reason. It is also a pity that AS haven't increased the fresh water tank capacity and fitted pressure sensing water level sensors for accurate tank readings.  Oh and bin the waste of storage naff glasses and holder.  The Truma Air Con is now a £1,100 add on where as it was free with the 2020 version.  Still all in all it is a well designed van, there is no such thing as a perfect van, it's all about compromise.  up!

BTW, my fridge is a Vitrifrigo with a nominal consumption of 45W, it doesn't appear to be a huge drain on the hab battery but I have got 255W of Solar to keep the batteries 2 * 100Ah topped up.  Can easily last 7 days off grid in summer, this drops to 4 in winter.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL MQ
Vehicle Year : 2020

Filbert likes this post

Back to top Go down