The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this Auto-Sleepers solution to the radio t

+6
DeeBee
capt-insensible
v8oholic
Kemerton-bath
Tinwheeler
AutoSleepy_Don
10 posters

Go down

Is this Auto-Sleepers solution to the radio t Empty Is this Auto-Sleepers solution to the radio t

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:14 pm

I was just browsing the Auto Sleepers website and I noticed a "radio on/off switch" in the Fairford Plus images.
Is this AS solution to the (inconvenient) 20 minute radio timeout?

If so I hope it can be retro fitted to my 2017 PVC.

Is this Auto-Sleepers solution to the radio t Screen28
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Is this Auto-Sleepers solution to the radio t Empty Re: Is this Auto-Sleepers solution to the radio t

Post by Tinwheeler Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:34 pm

If that’s the purpose of the switch, I find it hard to believe it’s a coincidence of timing in view of the action for redress we read about.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Is this Auto-Sleepers solution to the radio t Empty Re: Is this Auto-Sleepers solution to the radio t

Post by Kemerton-bath Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:15 pm

The somewhat random positioning of that switch does look as if it was done in a hurry!

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:10 am

Presumably it’s powered from the leisure battery and also has the effect of making the radio think the engine is running, therefore no time out. Although in the CAN bus world, perhaps it’s a bit more complicated than that. I can live without it, but would probably have it retrofitted if it became available.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by capt-insensible Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:44 pm

It's certainly present in our 2022 Kingham but I understood it was powered from the vehicle battery ! Definitely interested if anyone knows that's incorrect ?
capt-insensible
capt-insensible

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:58 pm

capt-insensible wrote:It's certainly present in our 2022 Kingham but I understood it was powered from the vehicle battery ! Definitely interested if anyone knows that's incorrect ?

Hello capt-insensible   asof_welcome2

Are you able to describe what the button does?
Does it have any effect on the 20 minute timeout?
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:48 pm

Its on our 2022 Warwick XL and basically makes it permanently live with no time out afaik (we have definitely had it on for over 3 hours before).

I thought it still runs off the vehicle battery as well - just does not rely on the ignition being on - like wiring to a permanent live.
DeeBee

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL

Back to top Go down

Post by capt-insensible Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:13 pm

Interesting, In our Kingham it does keep the radio powered permanently when switched on but doesn't need the ignition to be on, so I think its a switched live directly from the VB ?
capt-insensible
capt-insensible

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:35 pm

Similar switch fitted to dash of my 2014 wxl which isolatesradio or makes live indfinitely when switched on. fitted by previous owner when aftermarket radio installed. My investigations indicate hooked up to leisure battery. Becomes part of routine checks to make sure switched off when exiting van

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:49 pm

I visited the AS stand at the NEC yesterday so I had an opportunity to try out this new switch. The switch is on the Peugeot base vehicles but not the Fiats?
Put the switch to I and the radio comes on. I assume no timeout at all.

PS Interesting to see they had quite a few Fiat manuals on their stand.
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:10 pm

Wasn’t the rumour that they were switching to Fiat (possibly due to supply shortage), and the automatic gearbox is no longer available.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by RML Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:39 am

Our 2016 Fiat had one on the same position. 
Rich..
RML
RML

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex - Gatcombe
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Kdc Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:51 am

Not only does the position of switch appear to be a bit random but more significantly the variety of ages of van it’s been fitted to in what appears to be the same modification,2014/16/22/23. May have different radios fitted but cut out timer seems to be consistent. Someone somewhere knows how it is achieved,wish they would share it so we can get rid of this annoying issue should we choose to.
Out of interest but significant,my friend has just received his new WXL Warwick on fiat and radio operates without time out and no switch on dash so it seems to be a Peugeot thing.
Kdc
Kdc
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty-Plym Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:02 am

My Warwick XL MQ on a Fiat March 2020 doesn't have this button and the radio or media player (when playing from USB thumb drive) doesn't time out.  What is the point of AutoSleeper fitting speakers in the rear if the radio times out?  Doh!  shrugg

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL MQ
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down