The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waeco Coolpower MPS-35

3 posters

Go down

Waeco Coolpower MPS-35 Empty Waeco Coolpower MPS-35

Post by snoman Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:38 pm

Hi Guys - Another query for Ya..

Whilst checking why our Waeco fridge wasn't working whilst on hook up, I tried unscrewing the fuse in the fridge transformer unit (it just seemed to turn and turn and turn).. This seems to have damaged the fuse casing to the point where it can't be screwed back in 🤦🏽 

Is it just a case of buying a new transformer or do you think the original unit can be repaired..

Many Thanks Ian
snoman
snoman

Male

Member Age : 60
Auto-Sleeper Model : 2011 Stratford
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Waeco Coolpower MPS-35 Empty Re: Waeco Coolpower MPS-35

Post by Dbvwt Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:30 pm

Not quite the answer you are looking for but when I fitted a Waeco CR50 compressor in a couple of previous vans, I never bothered with the mains adapter as the EHU fed the van charger which fed the leisure battery which took care of the fridge on 12v. Is there a reason yours was wired differently?
Apologies if I’ve not understood your van.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

snoman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:01 pm

It's a bit odd, because the MPS-35 seems to be a 24V output power supply - and is designed for use with Waeco/Dometic fridges that can run on either 12V or 24V. My experience of Waeco fridges is similar to Dbvwt's - mine is designed to run on 12V so it just shares the output of the Sargent 12V power supply.

Can it be repaired? Almost certainly - it just depends how much effort you want to put into repairing it!
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

snoman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by snoman Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:52 am

Hmmm interesting.. Im afraid I'm not that technically minded electrically (I struggle to understand Watts, Amps, Volts, Ohms etc) 

Because of the layout of this particular model (fridge positioned in the sliding door space) Autosleeper fitted a condensing fridge as its not possible to vent out the back (so no gas, just 12,240v) so it runs off 12v until hooked up to mains, then automatically switches to 240v when hooked up.. There's a separate switch to initiate 12v 🤷🏼‍�

This is how they have installed it 🤔
snoman
snoman

Male

Member Age : 60
Auto-Sleeper Model : 2011 Stratford
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:21 pm

Did you mean Compressor fridge? I still think it could have been wired for 12v only but I guess A/S had their reasons for doing it their way.
As you have been happy with the setup to date I guess it’s back to your original question, hopefully someone may be able to help you with that.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

snoman likes this post

Back to top Go down