The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ceiling light dome covers 2011 Symbol?

3 posters

Go down

Ceiling light dome covers 2011 Symbol? Empty Ceiling light dome covers 2011 Symbol?

Post by Sarah Harley Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:07 pm

We have 4 domed 12v ceiling lights in our 2011 Symbol.  They each have 3 lugs that slot into holes on the light fitting and are approx 20cm in diameter.  Easily removed but, unfortunately, the lugs have become brittle and some have broken off.

Does anyone know if/where I might be able to get replacement domes? I’ve tried Autosleeper parts but they don’t have then anymore . . . 
TIA

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sarah Harley
Sarah Harley

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Ceiling light dome covers 2011 Symbol? Empty Re: Ceiling light dome covers 2011 Symbol?

Post by Kemerton-bath Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:48 pm

They’re now obsolete. Made by Lumo, who left the lighting business several years ago. I have one dome going spare, but not much help if you need all four replacing.

Your only option is to replace the complete fittings with an alternative lighting scheme. Aten lighting are well recommended by several forum members and they offer several possibilities for ceiling lights. 

The one shown at the link below is what AS now fit, though I don’t know whether they get them from Aten. You’ll probably find something similar elsewhere online for a lower cost.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Sarah Harley likes this post

Back to top Go down

Ceiling light dome covers 2011 Symbol? Empty Re: Ceiling light dome covers 2011 Symbol?

Post by Paulmold Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:03 pm

According to their website,  O'Learys still have them...

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Sarah Harley likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Harley Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:08 pm

Kemerton-bath wrote:They’re now obsolete. Made by Lumo, who left the lighting business several years ago. I have one dome going spare, but not much help if you need all four replacing.

Your only option is to replace the complete fittings with an alternative lighting scheme. Aten lighting are well recommended by several forum members and they offer several possibilities for ceiling lights. 

The one shown at the link below is what AS now fit, though I don’t know whether they get them from Aten. You’ll probably find something similar elsewhere online for a lower cost.

Tim

Thank you.
Sarah Harley
Sarah Harley

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Harley Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:08 pm

Paulmold wrote:According to their website,  O'Learys still have them...

Thank you.
Sarah Harley
Sarah Harley

Female

Back to top Go down