The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuses

5 posters

Go down

Fuses Empty Fuses

Post by Sapper Mon May 29, 2023 8:48 am

Morning all, We've just got back home after weeks stay in Norfolk. On the way there we got calls from Sargent Electrics telling us our 12v was low we explained we were driving and couldn't do much about it. As soon as we got parked up on site we found we had no 12v power at all which meant the fridge wasn't working and me being at a bit of a loss with auto electrics I had to call in a local mobile repair guy. We plugged into 240v he flicked a few switches and got us going charging me £80 for his services:shrugg:

When we packed up we realised he hadn't really done anything because after unplugging the 240v we realised there was still no 12v so once again no fridge and also another call from from the lady at Sargents telling us no 12v and there were no engineers there (it was Saturday) to help us out. I managed to get in touch with our dealer who ran through a few things then discovered the 20amp fuse at the battery had blown this had been the problem all along (so much for recommended mobile repair man).

Anyhow the dealer said it would be OK to replace the 20 amp fuse with a 25amp and just wondered if anyone else has done this and it really is safe.
Sapper
Sapper

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Fuses Empty Re: Fuses

Post by Paulmold Mon May 29, 2023 8:59 am

This change to a 25 amp fuse has been posted about many times. This was advice from Sargent following the installation of lithium batteries.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon May 29, 2023 10:05 am

Sapper wrote:Morning all, We've just got back home after weeks stay in Norfolk. On the way there we got calls from Sargent Electrics telling us our 12v was low we explained we were driving and couldn't do much about it. As soon as we got parked up on site we found we had no 12v power at all which meant the fridge wasn't working and me being at a bit of a loss with auto electrics I had to call in a local mobile repair guy. We plugged into 240v he flicked a few switches and got us going charging me £80 for his services:shrugg:

When we packed up we realised he hadn't really done anything because after unplugging the 240v we realised there was still no 12v so once again no fridge and also another call from from the lady at Sargents telling us no 12v and there were no engineers there (it was Saturday) to help us out. I managed to get in touch with our dealer who ran through a few things then discovered the 20amp fuse at the battery had blown this had been the problem all along (so much for recommended mobile repair man).

Anyhow the dealer said it would be OK to replace the 20 amp fuse with a 25amp and just wondered if anyone else has done this and it really is safe.
No one from Sargent rang you.  It was the 24/7 manned tracking centre in Bedford that rang you.  Sargent who are in Beverley and are not 24/7 would know nothing of it.  As far as I am aware the tracking centre is contracted to support a range of tracker providers, Sargent being just one of them.  Had the LB become discharged you would also have received a SMS and/or email alert (if you have set up the alert on AS Monitor) but this isn't triggered when the LB is disconnected e.g. because its in-line fuse has blown.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Whippy 99 Mon May 29, 2023 10:52 am

I’ve had the same problem with the 12 volt system on my ‘21 Symbol. After replacing several 20amp fuses asked the dealer to check it out on first service and after contacting AS the dealer was advised to up the fuse to 25amp. Had no problem since.
Mr Whippy 99
Mr Whippy 99

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon May 29, 2023 11:19 am

AS actually sent out an email instruction to change the 20amp fuse to 25amp back in 2021 to all dealers, so it should've be changed prior to handover from dealer but no doubt with workshop changes of staff this doesn't get passed on to the necessary personnel.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Mon May 29, 2023 11:29 am

Appreciate the thoughts, many thanks.
Sapper
Sapper

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Tue May 30, 2023 11:02 am

Hi Sapper,

My Van is a 21 reg but had the same happen to me, luckily, I aske on here and when I checked the 20amp fuse it had blown so changed it for a 25 amp (that was two weeks ago) and all is fine.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo Ek

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue May 30, 2023 2:17 pm

I've just read elsewhere that if you have a B2B fitted, then this fuse is now being replaced with a 30amp. No idea if this is correct, just read it on FB group.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Tue May 30, 2023 2:22 pm

Hi Paul,
Auto sleeper fitted my b to b but they didn't even uprate the 20 amp to 25 amp.
When I spoke to Tim when the 25 amp blew he just suggested that I put another 25amp in as the first one might have been a dodgy one.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo Ek

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue May 30, 2023 2:26 pm

Perhaps a call to Sargent ?

Donator