The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fly screens ?

3 posters

Go down

fly screens ? Empty fly screens ?

Post by GUY WALTON Sat May 13, 2023 5:45 pm

why is there fly screens on all the windows of my 2016 duo when none or the windows actually open .
GUY WALTON
GUY WALTON

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

fly screens ? Empty Re: fly screens ?

Post by Dbvwt Sat May 13, 2023 7:17 pm

I think you will find that the blinds fitted by A/S come as a complete unit with the fly screen incorporated. Do your front 2 windows in the habitation area not open?
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by GUY WALTON Sat May 13, 2023 8:15 pm

small one in the door and small one above the fridge open but the four large ones in the back dont . Those are the ones with the fly screens whereas the two in the back doors dont have fly screens just the blinds . Do autosleeper make opening windows that can be fitted to the none sliding door side .
GUY WALTON
GUY WALTON

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bargee Sun May 14, 2023 8:23 am

As has been said the fly screens are just a standard thing. We do actually use the fly screens on the fixed windows since they do add a bit of privacy at night when the interior lights are on, and this is useful by the bed in our Kingham since otherwise you are sleeping close against the very flimsy Remis pleated cardboard blinds. The fly screens are easier to draw than the curtains.

Firms such as this one

[url=https://www.vanpimps.co.uk/product/peugeot-boxer-mwb-lwb-extralwb-pair-privacy-tinted-opening-windows-free-fitting-kit-worth-40-00/?utm_source=Google shopping&utm_campaign=VP Shopping Feed 2022&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=38794&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3PnBpqH0_gIVwu3tCh1GFA87EAQYDiABEgJ9r_D_BwE][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

make replacement windows. The opening apertures tend to be small, I suppose because they are glass-within-glass and there might be strength issues if the openings were bigger. I have looked at replacing one of the windows next to the bed to give added ventilation at the back but unfortunately the boiler flue is right outside, so not a good idea there!
The Bargee
The Bargee

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down