The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who's running on GF GOODRICH KO2's

3 posters

Go down

Who's running on GF GOODRICH KO2's Empty Who's running on GF GOODRICH KO2's

Post by Fontie Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:27 pm

Who's running on BF GOODRICH KO2's would love to know your thoughts are you happy with them, how are they in the wet what's the noise level like. What's their shortcomings if any.
Fontie
Fontie

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Who's running on GF GOODRICH KO2's Empty Re: Who's running on GF GOODRICH KO2's

Post by The Bargee Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:22 pm

Used to be a big big fan of BFG’s on Discoveries, although I don’t think they were called KO2 then (AT?). I later had KO2’s on a Shogun which were fine at first but after about 15 to 20 k miles they got horribly noisy, really bad. I ditched them and fitted General Grabbers, which were great, very quiet, very economical and lasted just as well as BFG’s (80k+ miles on the Shogun front, 100k rear!) They are also much cheaper! I will be fitting GG’s on my van when the original tyres wear out so long as I can get the right size and load rating. Have not looked at that yet. Will probably also fit them on my Touareg.   Personally I wouldn’t risk BFG’s again if only because they didn’t want to know about my noise problem, despite lots of identical complaints from others at the time (this was about four years ago).
The Bargee
The Bargee

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2019

Fontie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fontie Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:40 pm

Thanks for posting your experience of using the BFG's, I have seen reviews saying they are a little noisier but not massively so, I think I read somewhere they changed the compound slightly which helped driving on tarmac in the wet, not sure now I am going dolally reading up on tyres for my van,  confused0
Fontie
Fontie

Male

Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:55 am

I looked at fitting them to my WXL but after reading many reviews I changed my mind due to road noise wear and handling in the wet on tarmac and the possibility that I would have to buy new alloys also for the correct load rating as running at 4500kg

Male

Vehicle Year : 2016

Fontie likes this post

Back to top Go down