The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fresh water supply

4 posters

Go down

Fresh water supply Empty Fresh water supply

Post by johnFram22 Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:20 am

I have a 2019 Symbol.  When I have filled the system with fresh water and the pump stops, after about 20 mins the pump runs for a second, and stops. Not a problem in the day but we turn the pump off at night. When the pump is turned on again in the morning there appears to be air in the system again as it spits a bit (similar to when filling up - but for a shorter time). I have looked for water leaks/drips/ loose fittings along pipes and around taps and everything is dry, it's as if air is leaking in somewhere. Anyone got any ideas what might be the cause. Just as an aside I had trouble with the tank sensors and followed advice on this site to treat the tanks with citric acid and it worked a treat so thank you everyone!
johnFram22
johnFram22

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Fresh water supply Empty Re: Fresh water supply

Post by IanH Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:29 am

Submersed or diaphragm pump?
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by johnFram22 Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:47 am

Submersed pump on this model
johnFram22
johnFram22

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:58 pm

John - I had the same with my Nuevo and ended up changing the Whale submersible and its combined pressure switch and NRV for a Shurflo diaphragm pump and haven't looked back since.  The Whale constantly coming back on to maintain pressure could be caused by changes in water temperature as the HW tank heats up and cools down and as things cool down at night.  It could also be caused by a very small leak that you haven't been able to find.  It can be caused by debris in the Whale NRV which causes water to leak back through it into the freshwater tank.  It could be that when you turn the pump off at night and things cool down the reduction in water pressure makes the NRV more likely to leak backwards.  The Whale NRV can be opened up for cleaning.  These are all theories but one or more might apply.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by johnFram22 Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:27 pm

Thanks Caraman what you say makes a lot of sense. I will have to consider what to do next. You say that the Whale NRV can be opened, but I don't know where to find it, would it be inside the water tank or on the outlet?
johnFram22
johnFram22

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:03 pm

The NRV is integrated with the pressure switch.  So if you know where the pressure switch is, you know where the NRV is.  This youtube might help:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:25 am

johnFram22 wrote:I have a 2019 Symbol.  When I have filled the system with fresh water and the pump stops, after about 20 mins the pump runs for a second, and stops. Not a problem in the day but we turn the pump off at night. When the pump is turned on again in the morning there appears to be air in the system again as it spits a bit (similar to when filling up - but for a shorter time). I have looked for water leaks/drips/ loose fittings along pipes and around taps and everything is dry, it's as if air is leaking in somewhere. Anyone got any ideas what might be the cause. Just as an aside I had trouble with the tank sensors and followed advice on this site to treat the tanks with citric acid and it worked a treat so thank you everyone!

Welcome to the forum
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by johnFram22 Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:39 pm

Update-  I cleaned the pressure switch WU7207 before going away for a short break. This made no difference, so I ordered a replacement unit. Fitted it today and spent the afternoon doing odd jobs in the van and it was completely silent. Looks like with your advice I have fixed the problem thank you Caraman and Freelander UK.
johnFram22
johnFram22

Male

Askit likes this post

Back to top Go down