The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Only one spring on fold down worktop

5 posters

Go down

Only one spring on fold down worktop  Empty Only one spring on fold down worktop

Post by Mikeh Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:32 am

Got two brackets on fold down worktop but only one bracket has a spring any suggestions where to get another spring.
Mikeh
Mikeh

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down

Only one spring on fold down worktop  Empty Re: Only one spring on fold down worktop

Post by Bilbobaggins Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:38 am

Any caravan supplies shop, or Amazon. May only be sold as a pair. My 2014 WXL has two, trying to think if only having one reduces functionality of the fold out counter, does the second leg engage and hold up the top?

Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2014

Mikeh likes this post

Back to top Go down

Only one spring on fold down worktop  Empty Re: Only one spring on fold down worktop

Post by petermcd Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:56 am

Our new Broadway only had 1 spring so I asked the supplying dealer who said …. if the  worktop opens over the main exit door, only 1 spring is fitted so the van may be evacuated quickly ( ie time not wasted fiddling with 2 spring loaded supports) ….. that was a year ago and I’m still not sure if it was an ‘excuse’ rather than a ‘reason’ but it sounded plausible. Peter M
petermcd
petermcd

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EL
Vehicle Year : 2022

Mikeh likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:00 am

Is it missing or do they come with just one? If missing I would get onto the dealer being a new van. I had a bent spring from new and my dealer simply posted one out to me.

Edit… overlap in posts
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikeh Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:18 am

We've been told by the dealer that it only comes with one spring and the other bracket hasn't got a spring but this means that the bracket has no tension and rattles to the point of distraction even driving on a smooth road.
Mikeh
Mikeh

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:22 am

Rather than source a new support in that case I would use either a self adhesive felt pad behind where the support sits, which I have done even with a spring in place, or even a bit of blutac, or silicon sealant. Other wrap worktop in teatowel for travelling

Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2014

Mikeh likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tofty Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:41 pm

My 2023 model Warwick XL also has a spring missing from one of the brackets. I contacted the dealer who said they only came with one spring. I told him that the loose bracket was the cause of an annoying rattle. I asked if he could get me a spring and he said he would try to get one from AS. He phoned me this morning to say he had managed to get a replacement bracket for me. Give it a try if only to get rid of the rattle.
tofty
tofty

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2022

Mikeh likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikeh Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:51 pm

Thanks everyone for your advice, I've sent for another spring which I'll fit on when it arrives and that will tension the bracket and stop the rattle.
Mikeh
Mikeh

Male

Back to top Go down