The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tracker Sim

+3
Kdc
FreelanderUK
Kyanpinguka
7 posters

Go down

Tracker Sim Empty Tracker Sim

Post by Kyanpinguka Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:18 am

My much-loved Symbol is coming up to its third birthday.  It has the standard Sargent EC700 electrics, which according to the Sargent manual comes with a sim valid for 3 years for the AS tracker system. Is it necessary to replace the sim if you have an active tracker subscription?
Kyanpinguka
Kyanpinguka

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Tracker Sim Empty Re: Tracker Sim

Post by FreelanderUK Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:07 am

The sim should not have to be changed just a new subscription bought once that expires

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Kdc Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:10 am

It is the subscription that requires renewal not physically the sim.

Edited…..saw Chris’s post after posting.
Kdc
Kdc
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Jupiter Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:04 am

New to group and "forum" contributions. So apologise if I am "piggybacking" or other  
We have just downsized from a M/H to a 2017 Stanway. reading the manual to see that it should have a  tracker. 
How or who do I contact, to find out subscription/ registry etc

Thanks  Pete
Jupiter
Jupiter

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:32 am

Jupiter wrote:New to group and "forum" contributions. So apologise if I am "piggybacking" or other  
We have just downsized from a M/H to a 2017 Stanway. reading the manual to see that it should have a  tracker. 

Thanks  Pete
Your van is about the same age as mine which is fitted with a Trackstar. Might be worth calling them as the van will possibly be on their records. If it’s not Trackstar, sorry can’t help.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Vehicle Year : 2018

Jupiter likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kdc Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:08 am

Deleted.
Kdc
Kdc
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:41 am

Jupiter wrote:New to group and "forum" contributions. So apologise if I am "piggybacking" or other  

Thanks  Pete

Hi Pete

Male

Jupiter likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:36 pm

Kyanpinguka wrote:My much-loved Symbol is coming up to its third birthday.  It has the standard Sargent EC700 electrics, which according to the Sargent manual comes with a sim valid for 3 years for the AS tracker system. Is it necessary to replace the sim if you have an active tracker subscription?
Not sure if you have got the answer you need.  You have an option of renewing just the SIM which I think is £25 per year, or, renewing your tracker subscription service which was £95 per year and includes the SIM, or, allow both to lapse by renewing/paying nothing.  Renewal is with Sargent through AS Monitor.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:20 pm

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
You can add an optional tracking subscription at any time, and this can be purchased for 1, 2 or 3 years.
If purchased within the first 3 years the cost is £100, £200 or £300 respectively.
If purchased in year 4 or onwards a tracking with data subscription is required and can be purchased for 1, 2 or 3 years at a cost of £135, £250 or £365 respectively. 
Alternatively, if you don’t require tracking and theft monitoring, from year 4 onwards you can purchase a remote data only subscription and again this can be purchased for 1, 2 or 3 years at a cost of £45, £70 or £90 respectively.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:57 pm

Not surprisingly the prices seem to have gone up.  It was £25 per year (after year 3) for the SIM and £95 for the SIM and manned Thatcham theft alert subscription service.  My 3 year subscription service is due to end in May when it should be possible to renew it through AS Monitor.  The price will be confirmed then.  If its £365 for a further 3 years, it will have gone up by £80/28%.

The Sargent web page shown above is a rehash of what is already shown on AS Monitor and includes errors.  Mine doesn't include these features: 
  • tank levels, temperatures and internal humidity

• Remote control

• External and internal lighting

This is also incorrect:

If you plan to remove your battery for maintenance or external charging please contact the monitoring station BEFORE removing the battery. If you lose an alarm key fob you need to contact Sargent for a replacement and follow their instructions to remove the ‘lost’ fob from the system. 

There is no alarm fob and if disconnecting the LB or pulling its in-line 20A fuse or the No 2 fuse on the EC700, Inhibit Service on AS Monitor should be activated.  Inhibit Transport should be activated if boarding a ferry or putting the motorhome on a transporter.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:26 pm

Just to add… even if you renew it with Sargent, it doesn’t always mean they will remember to renew it with the phone company. My tracker mysteriously stopped working at the end of November. They could not find a reason, and were even planning to replace the whole unit. But then, it started working again mid January. Subsequently, I discovered on the System Data page of AS Monitor that the SIM was first activated exactly 2 years to the day before the tracker stopped working. What are the chances. I even asked them if they had forgotten to renew it and the response was “it’s impossible to say if that was the cause”. Oh really.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down