The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

symbol Fridge 4212 12v ignition switch

2 posters

Go down

symbol  Fridge 4212 12v ignition switch Empty symbol Fridge 4212 12v ignition switch

Post by skooly27 Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:37 pm

Good afternoon. Can anyone advise regarding removal of panel to replace the 12v switch. I know about the 2 crosshead screws, but i was wondering if the knobs just pull off to allow the removal..they seem to be firmly attached,, and i wouldn't want to bust them.. many thanks jc
skooly27
skooly27

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

symbol  Fridge 4212 12v ignition switch Empty Re: symbol Fridge 4212 12v ignition switch

Post by whisky Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:54 pm

Hi JC.

Yes the Knobs do pull off to remove the facia. They can be very tight so take care. Wiggling them a bit helps. When the facia has been removed the switch is fitted into a plastic section this has to be pulled forward off its location groove to enable you to press in the switch retaining lugs to remove the switch. Again take care as some times the wires are trapped and come off the switch when you pull it forward. If it is the ignitor switch you are replacing and the wires come off the blue wires are the two outer conections and the black wire is in the middle.

Cheers. Whisky. champagne

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive

Back to top Go down