The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

External Temperature Sensor

4 posters

Go down

External Temperature Sensor Empty External Temperature Sensor

Post by DesG Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:29 pm

Hello

I've noticed a big difference between the external temperature displayed by the muti-function display (MFD) in our Symbol Plus versus the reading displayed on the vehicle dashboard. Tonight for example, the MFD is displaying ext=3C int=10C whilst the vehicle dashboard says 8C which I believe is a more accurate reading. I know the vehicle sensor is located in the driver's wing mirror because I had to replace that recently (the wing mirror I mean). But where is the AS MFD external sensor located - anyone have any idea?

Also, am I correct in assuming that the tank anti-frost blankets will be operated by the AS sensor rather than the vehicle sensor - or do they have yet another sensor?

Many thanks
Des
DesG
DesG

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol Plus
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

External Temperature Sensor Empty Re: External Temperature Sensor

Post by Cymro Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:23 pm

Can't help with principal question.

But I don't think that the tank heater pads have a sensor: they are manually switched on and off on my 2015 Nuevo. (You probably know that they are a heavy drain on the battery; that the pipes are more likely to freeze than the tanks; and it appears that most Forum users rarely use the pads.)

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

DesG likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:58 am

According to the manual the tank heaters operate (when switched on) if the tank contents drop below 6.7C, and switch off when the tank contents rise above 18C. They have their own built in temperature sensor.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2021

DesG likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:13 pm

Thanks v8oholic - I didn't know that. I wonder if the earlier ones were likewise?

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

DesG likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:44 pm

I expect so, unless they have changed suppliers. Did you get a Tank Blanket leaflet in with the book pack?
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:09 pm

The Harmony UMS User Instruction Handbook which covers the EC700 explains that the frost warning symbol (on the EC700 CP's top bar) is displayed when the external temperature is below 2 degrees C.  It further states that the tank heaters button will be back lit blue when active.  This doesn't mean that the tank heaters will be switched on.  The tank heaters will only be on while the external temperature is below 2 degrees C and if there is over 25% of water in the tanks.  If the external temperature rises above 2 degrees C, the heaters will turn off but remain active until switched off at the CP.

The heaters are 12V and will turn off 15 mins after the engine stops unless the PX300 is connected to the mains.

I have used the tank heaters on a couple of occasions when the daytime temperature didn't rise above zero and the nighttime temperature was several degrees below zero.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down