The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zig unit help!

2 posters

Go down

Zig unit help! Empty Zig unit help!

Post by Adamc22 Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:18 am

Hi all,

We have a 1999 T4 Trooper, had it for about a month and thought I had got to grips with the zig unit But last night something strange happened!

Been on mains hook up for a couple of days, had unhooked, filled the water tank, gone and picked up dinner, hooked back up and was filling water bottles from the kitchen tap when it stopped working.

None of the interior lights worked, the zig unit battery display (two lights) wasn’t doing anything when pressed either. The red charging light was on and the mains socket was working (charging a phone).

Checked all the fuses, seemed fine, checked the leisure battery and that was fine. 

Woke up this morning and it’s all working again!

Any ideas?

A couple other questions about the zig unit :

When on the mains do I need the master switch on at all times?
Should the fridge light on the unit be on when hooked up to mains? (It isn’t, but the fridge is cold)

Thanks!
Adamc22
Adamc22

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Ford transit
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Zig unit help! Empty Re: Zig unit help!

Post by Roopert Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:52 pm

Welcome to the forum.

To start - one thing to warn you about: this forum has a configuration error which has been in place for years, so the second subject line where you wrote "Cfx-32 confusion" is not visible to anyone who reads your thread! It's only visible when you look at the forum index, so best to avoid using it if you can remember.

Is it possible that you're actually referring to a CPX-32? It's not a control panel that I know at all - at that time I think that A/S fitted the Zig MC-2000 to most of their conversions, so you may not find many people here who are familiar with it.

Unfortunately intermittent problems like that can be very hard to track down, and it may be best to simply wait until it goes wrong more permanently! There are probably lots of places where a fault like that could originate, but I would start by checking for corrosion on the battery terminals, and at the point where the leisure batt negative cable is bolted to the van's chassis.

It can also be hard to figure out the correct use of the switches if you don't have a manual - you may have to resort to trial and error. Typically at that time A/S would have wired a panel like that so that you only need the master switch on if using th habitation 12V electrics, and leave it off otherwise. Charging of the battery and operation of the fridge should both be unaffected by that switch - but test to make sure!

I don't think it's unusual for the light on the panel to not work - IIRC the one on my '99 van's MC-2000 didn't. It may be a sensible precaution to unscrew the panel and just check that the connectors on the back are secure.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down