The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duetto Spotlights Changed to Led G4 Bulbs

+3
fluffles
JustChillin
GLYNFORSTER
7 posters

Go down

Duetto Spotlights Changed to Led G4 Bulbs Empty Duetto Spotlights Changed to Led G4 Bulbs

Post by GLYNFORSTER Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:00 pm

Just recieved my Led G4 bulbs for the spot lights in the Duetto fitted them in tonight and they look great, only 0.9watts per bulb, heres a link to the bulbs they are a bargain @ 10 for £10 inc postage:

[url=UK Stock 10X 12V G4 Pure White 24 SMD Marine Cabinet Car Light Bulb Lamp]UK Stock 10X 12V G4 Pure White 24 SMD Marine Cabinet Car Light Bulb Lamp[/url]

Cheers Glyn

GLYNFORSTER

Male

Member Age : 52
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Duetto Spotlights Changed to Led G4 Bulbs Empty "Lighting up Time"

Post by JustChillin Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:34 pm

Hi Glyn, Thanks for the post re:Led spotlight bulbs for the Duetto, made me think scratch head so looked into it and found out that the standard Halogen spotlight bulbs in my Duetto were 10 watts per bulb and the ones you recommended were 0.9 watts, seems like a no brainer really so have ordered some off e-bay. I think its the same place as you got yours confused3 as the link you posted for people did`nt work, but they were £10.69 for 10 from a seller called bgood2010, thanks again for the very useful post and "Shedding some light" on the matter of Duetto interior lighting. allthumbz
JustChillin
JustChillin

Female

Back to top Go down

Duetto Spotlights Changed to Led G4 Bulbs Empty Re: Duetto Spotlights Changed to Led G4 Bulbs

Post by GLYNFORSTER Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:43 pm

JustChillin wrote:Hi Glyn, Thanks for the post re:Led spotlight bulbs for the Duetto, made me think scratch head so looked into it and found out that the standard Halogen spotlight bulbs in my Duetto were 10 watts per bulb and the ones you recommended were 0.9 watts, seems like a no brainer really so have ordered some off e-bay. I think its the same place as you got yours confused3 as the link you posted for people did`nt work, but they were £10.69 for 10 from a seller called bgood2010, thanks again for the very useful post and "Shedding some light" on the matter of Duetto interior lighting. allthumbz

Hi sorry the link didnt work, the seller was expresstrade4u try this link:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I tried them in the dark last night and they look great and as you say the power consumption is really low, if you have all 6 spotlights on its still less than i halogen bulb.

Cheers Glyn

GLYNFORSTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Duetto Spotlights Changed to Led G4 Bulbs Empty Re: Duetto Spotlights Changed to Led G4 Bulbs

Post by fluffles Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:23 pm

GLYNFORSTER
Many thanks for the updated link, have saved it in my "favourites" so I can order some

fluffles allthumbz

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Peugeot executive

Back to top Go down

Post by GLYNFORSTER Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:07 am

Just a quick note, when i installed them one or two didnt work as the polarity was reversed, if you have this problem simplt pop the light out and reverse the pos & neg wires and they should work then.

Cheers Glyn

GLYNFORSTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Duetto Spotlights Changed to Led G4 Bulbs Empty "Looking bright,Looking Good"

Post by JustChillin Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:29 pm

Hi Glyn, Yeah the updated link works ok, damm i`ve been done for 70p by another trader on e-bay hugegrins anyway just come in from fitting the new LED`s in the Duetto and yes you are right they do look good and are very bright, they were a bit fiddly to fit with my body having to get into some acute angles to see the holes where you seat the new bulbs, think_smiley_46 but had no issues with pulling out the light fitting and reversing wires all worked straight away. Will be back outside later when it gets dark to get the real effect, thanks again for the useful & energy saving post,

Regards JustChillin.............
JustChillin
JustChillin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ssjohnl Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:19 pm

I've just had my 10 bulbs delivered from the Ebay link above.
I hadn't really thought about the fitting of the bulbs but when I've removed the bezel and reflector from my downlighters, what do I do next?
I presume I need to remove the reflector from the bezel but then how do I reassemble it all with the bulb in place. Obviously, with the halogen bulb, the reflector fits over it but as these LED bulbs are on a disc, I can't quite see how to proceed unless I leave the reflector and bezel off completely.
I look forward to any advice!

ssjohnl.
ssjohnl
ssjohnl

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : SYMBOL
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by ssjohnl Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:22 pm

ssjohnl

Last edited by ssjohnl on Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : duplicated)
ssjohnl
ssjohnl

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by GLYNFORSTER Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:17 am

ssjohnl wrote:I've just had my 10 bulbs delivered from the Ebay link above.
I hadn't really thought about the fitting of the bulbs but when I've removed the bezel and reflector from my downlighters, what do I do next?
I presume I need to remove the reflector from the bezel but then how do I reassemble it all with the bulb in place. Obviously, with the halogen bulb, the reflector fits over it but as these LED bulbs are on a disc, I can't quite see how to proceed unless I leave the reflector and bezel off completely.
I look forward to any advice!

ssjohnl.

Hi im not sure what you have taken apart as on mine you simply take out the plastic retaining clip, remove the front glass, you then pull out the halogen bulb and slot in the new led one, you shouldnt have to touch the reflector at all.

Cheers Glyn

GLYNFORSTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ssjohnl Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:48 am

Thanks Glyn - I think my downlighters must be of a different type then. I'd just presumed that they'd all be the same.
There's no retaining clip with mine. To remove the glass, I just have to turn the whole assembly about a quarter turn and then the bezel, glass and reflector come out in one piece leaving the bulb in place.
It seems as though I'll need to get a different type of LED for these as I can't see a way round it.
Maybe these 10 bulbs will come in useful elsewhere!

John.
ssjohnl
ssjohnl

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper22 Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:21 pm

ssjohnl wrote:Thanks Glyn - I think my downlighters must be of a different type then. I'd just presumed that they'd all be the same.
There's no retaining clip with mine. To remove the glass, I just have to turn the whole assembly about a quarter turn and then the bezel, glass and reflector come out in one piece leaving the bulb in place.
It seems as though I'll need to get a different type of LED for these as I can't see a way round it.
Maybe these 10 bulbs will come in useful elsewhere!

John.

Hi john, u need to get ones more this style as im just waiting on them for my harmony,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

the disc style ones above are for the fittings where the bulb goes in sideways whereas i think our downlighters have the bulb pins going upwards. Hope this helps (and hope these fit in the reflectors too when they arrive)

Regards

Neil
Harper22
Harper22

Male

Member Age : 45
Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post by shargrea Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:58 am

Has anyone found LEDs to fit the type of spotlight described by ssjohnl ?
Sounds like I have the same type of light fittings in my 2001 Topaz.
As far as I can see the maximum size of LED which can be accommodated is about 25mm long by 10mm diameter.
shargrea
shargrea

Male

Member Age : 60
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartfarst Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:06 pm

ssjohnl wrote:Maybe these 10 bulbs will come in useful elsewhere!John.

John, I need just two - can I buy a couple from you to try?

Bartfarst
Bartfarst
Bartfarst

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper Model : 1995 Boxer Harmony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by ssjohnl Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:59 am

Yes - I'll send you a pm later regarding letting you try a couple of bulbs.
John
ssjohnl
ssjohnl

Male

Back to top Go down