The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pug Harmony any water to drain from toilet?

4 posters

Go down

Pug Harmony any water to drain from toilet? Empty Pug Harmony any water to drain from toilet?

Post by Paul240z Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:39 pm

Hello to all. 

Having collected our first motorhome on Saturday a Peugeot A/S Harmony we are looking to drain off the water systems to protect her from frost damage.

I've read various threads and seen that we need to drain the water off via the hot and cold taps and also drain the water heater tank via the screw on the vent outside. I haven't seen anything about the toilet needing separate attention though, can anyone advise. 

Very much appreciated.

Paul
Paul240z
Paul240z

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony Peugeot
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

Pug Harmony any water to drain from toilet? Empty Re: Pug Harmony any water to drain from toilet?

Post by IanH Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:11 am

As there are various options, open the cassette removal door, if there is a sight tube to see flush contents, this unplugs at its top end, then bends down, its rubber at the bottom, to drain the flush tank.

Drain into a bucket, then flush down loo. Mine did a great job of deforestation of a 1 metre circle of lawn!!!
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Pug Harmony any water to drain from toilet? Empty Re: Pug Harmony any water to drain from toilet?

Post by Paulmold Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:58 am

Some vans get their flush water from the main fresh tank , others have separate tank which needs emptying as Ian has detailed.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul240z Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:30 pm

Hi Ian & Paul

Thanks, I'll have a good gander today.

Cheers Paul
Paul240z
Paul240z

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul240z Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:48 pm

Thanks guys, as stated it had the glass sight tube behind the cassette toilet door ( filled with blue liquid which I think was supposed to be pink from memory ?) it was full so glad its done after the freezing conditions we've had recently.

Had a lot of black bits coming out  into the bucket so gave it a few flushes through with fresh water.

All areas drained now.  allthumbz

Thanks again.

Paul
Paul240z
Paul240z

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:54 pm

Wise to flush out that tank to remove the dreaded black bits (several threads on the Forum about them). I've no idea why people add a liquid to the water - we certainly don't do so at home - and the additives are notorious for generating black bits. Just use plenty of clean water, and use as at home. If you want a freshener, use an alternative means.

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down