The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peeling Veneer

4 posters

Go down

Peeling Veneer Empty Peeling Veneer

Post by Frogers Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:12 pm

Hello

I have a 2007 Symbol which I picked up about a month ago. I have noticed that some of the veneer is coming away from the edge of the cupboards. It's not bad but I would like to fix it before it gets any worse or catches on something and then rips.

Any advice on how to fix it?

Thanks
Frogers
Frogers

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Peeling Veneer Empty Re: Peeling Veneer

Post by Steve&Veronique Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:53 pm

Hi

We have the same on our 2007 Trident. As a temporary measure i found brown packing tape to be almost a perfect colour match. I covered the worst affected edges until last week when l used Uhu solvent adhesive  to make a permanent repair. I masked off the bits needing done and put paper down in case of spills. I used a cocktail stick to spread glue into awkward bits and after 10 minutes pressed them together. Once dry the residue scrapes off with a finger nail. It looks good as new. Have fun.
Steve&Veronique
Steve&Veronique

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:10 pm

Uhu or a two part epoxy (possibly a bit thick) will do it, many here have done such a job.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Crashman Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:14 pm

I have the same problem on a 2012 Dorset but haven't got around to tackling it. However, I have a similar problem on the kitchen units at home.  To fix those, I take them off (quick-release catches) feed wood glue beneath the edging with a knife and then clamp the door up for 24 hours with a length of wood over the uplifting edge, making sure excess glue is removed first. I don't have sash cramps so I use two lengths of rope and then tighten them up sufficiently to hold the wood flat against the edge and under pressure. It's worked so far and the edging has not lifted up again.
Crashman
Crashman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Dorset
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down