The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyre pressure

+2
roli
gerald
6 posters

Go down

Tyre pressure Empty Tyre pressure

Post by gerald Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:17 pm

Hi i have just recently brought a peugoet symphony autosleeper and am having trouble finding out the correct tyre pressure the wheels are 195/70 r15c can anyone help
thanks
Gerald
gerald
gerald

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : peugoet boxer
Vehicle Year : 1978

Back to top Go down

Tyre pressure Empty Re: Tyre pressure

Post by roli Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:59 am

Welcome to the forum 
I have moved your post to the appropriate section this is a question not an introduction

Have you had a look at the data plate on the near side door pillar ?
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

rgermain and Bilbobaggins like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:54 am

gerald wrote:Hi i have just recently brought a peugoet symphony autosleeper and am having trouble finding out the correct tyre pressure the wheels are 195/70 r15c can anyone help
thanks
Gerald
asof_welcome2 Very old van 1978!
-----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:41 am

There have been approx one million posts like this on here! And about 999,999 different answers!
As a guide, and ONLY that, I have had 5 Mh's now and run all of them at 60psi both ends.

That'll do until you find the correct info, you'll need to know the tyre data, lots of numbers on the sidewalls incl max allowable pressure, the tyre manufacturer and the actual weight (weighbridge not guessed) on each axle.
From that the manufacturer should give at least a guide.........
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MartynD Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:46 pm

In case anyone views this in future, my answer is front 59psi and rear 65 psi. A/S hedge around the issue in their manual. The Peugeot Boxer manual, however, specifies 59/65. The m/h conversion is, of course, heavy but I've found no problem with using 59/65 with my 1999 Symphony
MartynD
MartynD

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:14 am

It's very easy.  Measure your axle masses when fully loaded on a weigh bridge and then feed the figures into TyreSafe's on-line calculator:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

TyreSafe who are sponsored by the tyre manufacturers and use ETRTO data give lots of useful information and advice on motorhome/campervan tyre pressures.

The front & rear tyre pressures recommended by Peugeot when the front & rear axles are loaded to their MTPLMs should be on a label inside the front passenger door and/or in the Peugeot handbook.  The MTPLMs should also be there.  If the axle masses when the campervan is fully loaded for a trip are always less than their MTPLMs, which in most cases they will be, it's OK to use lower TyreSafe recommended pressures.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

frederic and rgermain like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MartynD Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:25 pm

Using the Tyresafe site as recommended by Caraman, and working on the payload specifications in the A/A handbook, I reckon I could reduce my rear tyre pressures from 65 to 59psi. Will give this a try.
MartynD
MartynD

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:53 pm

MartynD wrote:Using the Tyresafe site as recommended by Caraman, and working on the payload specifications in the A/A handbook, I reckon I could reduce my rear tyre pressures from 65 to 59psi. Will give this a try.
I would try and find a weigh bridge that gives you F and R readings just to be sure. Not all weigh bridges give separate readings.
---------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:15 pm

ONLY a weighbridge is accurate, everything else is guesswork, and therfore, IMHO totally useless
My local weighbridge give me 3 wrights, front axle, total and rear axle.
Also important to have it loaded as it will be when setting off on a trip.
I do mine in that condition, en route to the ferry!

Youll also know youre not overweight.
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:16 pm

rgermain wrote:
MartynD wrote:Using the Tyresafe site as recommended by Caraman, and working on the payload specifications in the A/A handbook, I reckon I could reduce my rear tyre pressures from 65 to 59psi. Will give this a try.
I would try and find a weigh bridge that gives you F and R readings just to be sure. Not all weigh bridges give separate readings.
---------
Richard
The first weigh bridge I used had a pronounced ramp onto it and off it.  This is OK for measuring the total mass of the vehicle with all 4 wheels on the weigh bridge but no good for measuring each axle mass.  The only way the latter can be done accurately is with a weigh bridge with an entry and exit that is level with it.  Even then the figures might not add up completely.  For example, with just my front wheels on the weigh bridge it came to 1380 kg.  With just my rear wheels 1840 kg.  With all 4 wheels it came to 3240 kg.  The latter figure I suspect is the most accurate one so I estimated the front axle as 1390 kg and rear axle as 1850 kg.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:22 pm

Agreed. My local weifghbridge is level.
However, I have never had a set of readings whete front and rear added come to same as total.
But, always within 20kg or so, quite accurate enough for me and infinitely more accurate than the usual guesses
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Caraman likes this post

Back to top Go down