The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V reg Trooper leisure battery fuse layout

3 posters

Go down

V reg Trooper leisure battery fuse layout Empty V reg Trooper leisure battery fuse layout

Post by DanLear Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:24 am

Hi,

Can anyone let me know what fuses need to slot into leisure battery fuse compartment on a V Reg T4 Trooper?  The middle one is for the internal lighting, so I assume the other 2 are fridge and heating but I don't know which is which and what rating they should be?

Thanks

Dan

V reg Trooper leisure battery fuse layout Img20210
DanLear
DanLear

Male

Member Age : 51
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper

Back to top Go down

V reg Trooper leisure battery fuse layout Empty Re: V reg Trooper leisure battery fuse layout

Post by Roopert Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:29 pm

I know it's a bit of a pain and you may wait a while, but the safest bet would be to ask A/S directly. The unfortunate thing is that A/S change the wiring apparently at random, so it may not be safe to assume that what was fitted to, say, a 1999 Trooper, is the same as fitted to a 2000 model.

Have you checked the Owner's Manual for a wiring diagram? By the early 2000's, A/S had actually got quite good at supplying one, though they often seem to be a bit "generic".

How did the fuses come to be absent? If a previous owner removed them, it would worry me that there ~might~ be an issue with the wiring...
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

V reg Trooper leisure battery fuse layout Empty Re: V reg Trooper leisure battery fuse layout

Post by Peter Brown Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:41 pm

I'd guess you have something similar to the wiring shown below with your 30A fuse supplying all the 12v habitation electrics via the EMC relay.  On of the other two fuse holders will be for the 15A fuse to the fridge - you need to check which is wired.  Its not unusual for one or two of the fuse locations not to be used.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by DanLear Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:38 pm

Thanks for the replies, I'm away at the moment and the owners manual is filed away at home so I'll check when I'm back at the end of the week.

If that doesn't provide some 'illumination' I'll contact A/S

Cheers!
DanLear
DanLear

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:42 pm

Peter's circuit diagram may be good in principle, but be warned, you must not fit a 70A fuse on the split charge circuit in a ~2000 Trooper! Ours (MY 2005) is fused at 20A.

How did the fuses come to be absent?
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DanLear Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:34 pm

AH well...confession time, the absent fuses are because the internal lights blew a fuse in a wet Dorset campsite at 11pm and I swapped them over in the dark and rain, and dropped the ones I took out....I very rarely use the fridge and have never used the heater so just wanted to get the lights working....but then I couldn't recall what I'd whipped out....

confused3
DanLear
DanLear

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:16 pm

Ah, that's Ok - if they had been removed by a previous owner I would be worried that there was something seriously wrong with the wiring!

A pretty safe approach is as follows: Take a low-value fuse (say 5A) and put that in each of the two fuse slots in turn. Observe what works in each case. You can then check the spec of the fridge, but I doubt a Trooper's fridge will need any more than a 15A fuse, as shown on Peter's diagram. Similarly if the other is a diesel heater, it's pretty easy to find the spec of those online - they only take significant power at startup when the glow plug/pin is on. The spec should allow you to infer what fuse size to use.

For comparison, our Trooper has a 20A fuse for the split charge and a 5A fuse for the heater - though our heater fuse is not in that group of fuses.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

DanLear likes this post

Back to top Go down