The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick XL 2020

3 posters

Go down

Warwick XL 2020 Empty Warwick XL 2020

Post by Sapper Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:04 pm

Just arrived onsite and reversing the two wheel trailer I tow, made too tight a turn and smashed the off side rear light cluster  think_smiley_46. luckily I didn't damaged the light itself which still working just the plastic cover but I bet that's going to cost a bomb to have replaced, anybody know how much?

Thanks for any help.
Sapper
Sapper

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Warwick XL 2020 Empty Re: Warwick XL 2020

Post by Paulmold Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:28 pm

Paulmold wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks for that buddy you're a champion. allthumbz
Sapper
Sapper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:01 pm

Got what's left of the light covered n cling film now and hoping it will survive  the 150 mile journey home at the end of the week. Not being too savvy at working on the van, is it a relatively easy job to do?

I see there's a removeable cover inside the van, is that the place to to get to the fixings?
Appreciate any help, thanks
Sapper
Sapper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:48 am

I think you’ll find it’s fairly straightforward. Certainly remove the internal cover to get to the fixings. There are two, one at the top of the cluster and one at the bottom. You’ll need a 17mm socket to undo them. Then from outside the van grip the cluster and pull to remove it, taking care with the wiring loom. You’ll need to undo the plug/socket connector (it will have a spring latch you’ll need to release) and then you can work on the cluster at a convenient surface. 

Remove the 6 torx screws to separate the lamp unit from the broken lens assembly. Then as the Haynes workshop manuals always say, reassembly is simply the same sequence in reverse!

The video at the link below should help you, despite it being about fitting a reversing sounder. He shows the sequence I’ve described very clearly. Doing the job yourself rather than pay garage labour will hopefully ease your pain!

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:12 am

Kemerton-bath wrote:I think you’ll find it’s fairly straightforward. Certainly remove the internal cover to get to the fixings. There are two, one at the top of the cluster and one at the bottom. You’ll need a 17mm socket to undo them. Then from outside the van grip the cluster and pull to remove it, taking care with the wiring loom. You’ll need to undo the plug/socket connector (it will have a spring latch you’ll need to release) and then you can work on the cluster at a convenient surface. 

Remove the 6 torx screws to separate the lamp unit from the broken lens assembly. Then as the Haynes workshop manuals always say, reassembly is simply the same sequence in reverse!

The video at the link below should help you, despite it being about fitting a reversing sounder. He shows the sequence I’ve described very clearly. Doing the job yourself rather than pay garage labour will hopefully ease your pain!

Tim

Thanks mate, I appreciate your help allthumbz
Sapper
Sapper

Male

Back to top Go down