The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trident control panel

3 posters

Go down

Trident control panel Empty Trident control panel

Post by Nigelbs Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:08 am

Good morning. I am trying to figure out what the battery switch in our 2002 Trident does. I have a photo but can’t figure out how to add to this post. It has 3 positions Vehicle, ‘middle’ and Hab. I usually have it in the middle which seems to work fine. Exception is to get battery state when I switch to Vehicle or Hab and it gives me the state of the appropriate battery. Is there anything else I should know? Is there any documentation around this switch ( it’s not in the manual I found online)
Nigelbs
Nigelbs

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Trident control panel Empty Re: Trident control panel

Post by Roopert Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:36 pm

Unfortunately there is no 100% correct rule on this, as far as I know.

Our 2005 Trooper is wired so that in the "Hab" position, power is taken from the leisure battery, and the charger charges the leisure battery. In the "Veh" position, power is taken from the vehicle battery, and the charger charges the vehicle battery. In the "Off" position the hab loads are disconnected and the charger charges the leisure battery.

But... other people with similar year vans have reported that their switch acts differently.

The only way (IMO) to be sure is to get out your multimeter and check the battery voltages with the switch in each position.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Retirerehirelife Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:56 pm

Nigelbs wrote:Good morning. I am trying to figure out what the battery switch in our 2002 Trident does. I have a photo but can’t figure out how to add to this post. It has 3 positions Vehicle, ‘middle’ and Hab. I usually have it in the middle which seems to work fine. Exception is to get battery state when I switch to Vehicle or Hab and it gives me the state of the appropriate battery. Is there anything else I should know? Is there any documentation around this switch ( it’s not in the manual I found online)
Hi there. The three way toggle is for when the Trident is plugged into EHU.
Hab = EHU charges the Leisure battery.
Veh = EHU charges the T4 battery.
Middle switch = EHU Charges nothing.
I hope this helps.
Please note when the switch is on Vehicle the power is out to the Hab.
Its a pretty handy is your T4 battery is flat and you need a charge on site or just to top it up if you’ve been static for 2 weeks. Also handy if you have a flat battery as you can charge up the T4 from outside your house with a EHU.

Regards Bob.
Retirerehirelife
Retirerehirelife

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : T4 Trident 2.5 TDI

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigelbs Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:17 pm

Thanks both - I will have a play and look at the voltages to work out what is going on and which of your suggestions for the behaviour when the switch is in the middle is correct (or if its a different answer!!)
Nigelbs
Nigelbs

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigelbs Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:44 pm

Retirerehirelife wrote:
Nigelbs wrote:Good morning. I am trying to figure out what the battery switch in our 2002 Trident does. I have a photo but can’t figure out how to add to this post. It has 3 positions Vehicle, ‘middle’ and Hab. I usually have it in the middle which seems to work fine. Exception is to get battery state when I switch to Vehicle or Hab and it gives me the state of the appropriate battery. Is there anything else I should know? Is there any documentation around this switch ( it’s not in the manual I found online)
Hi there. The three way toggle is for when the Trident is plugged into EHU.
Hab = EHU charges the Leisure battery.
Veh = EHU charges the T4 battery.
Middle switch = EHU Charges nothing.
I hope this helps.
Please note when the switch is on Vehicle the power is out to the Hab.
Its a pretty handy is your T4 battery is flat and you need a charge on site or just to top it up if you’ve been static for 2 weeks. Also handy if you have a flat battery as you can charge up the T4 from outside your house with a EHU.

Regards Bob.
Thanks Bob finally got the meter out and verified that ours works like yours. So I’m planning to plug the Trident in monthly over the winter when it’s not being used and charge each battery for 12 hours or so just to keep things up together.

Nigel
Nigelbs
Nigelbs

Male

Back to top Go down