The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick Duo Windscreen Gutter Drain Hose

3 posters

Go down

Warwick Duo Windscreen Gutter Drain Hose Empty Warwick Duo Windscreen Gutter Drain Hose

Post by Stuart8 Fri May 07, 2021 4:39 pm

I wondered if anyone can shed some light on this.
I just bought this van.
When I opened the bonnet, this hose was disconnected, previous owner has no idea why.
It is simply not long enough, by about 10mm. Cannot be pulled up.
Is there a part missing?

Warwick Duo Windscreen Gutter Drain Hose Teczhi817wAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
Stuart8
Stuart8

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Warwick Duo Windscreen Gutter Drain Hose Empty Re: Warwick Duo Windscreen Gutter Drain Hose

Post by Fluff Fri May 07, 2021 8:07 pm

Stuart8 wrote:I wondered if anyone can shed some light on this.
I just bought this van.
When I opened the bonnet, this hose was disconnected, previous owner has no idea why.
It is simply not long enough, by about 10mm. Cannot be pulled up.
Is there a part missing?

Warwick Duo Windscreen Gutter Drain Hose Teczhi817wAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
I don’t think anything is missing. It does need pulling up.
Probably clamped or trapped deep down. Not sure if it just drops down the engine bay or gets buried behind the wheel arch shield.
Fluff

Male

Member Age : 69
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Warwick Duo Windscreen Gutter Drain Hose Empty Re: Warwick Duo Windscreen Gutter Drain Hose

Post by Stuart8 Fri May 07, 2021 9:15 pm

Goes straight into the wheel arch under tension, so issue must be behind the wheel arch shield, it is too under tension to be pulled any further up to make the union.
Stuart8
Stuart8

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Fri May 07, 2021 10:42 pm

I had the same issue and resolved it by extending the hose.  I did so by pushing a short section of 1.25” domestic waste pipe into the top of the hose, secured with a jubilee clip. I then glued a straight coupler onto the section of pipe in order to mate with the spigot on the underside of the scuttle. 

I had these fittings lying around so it was easy and cheap to achieve. You might find you can achieve the same approach with different pipe fittings if you have them.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Stuart8 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuart8 Sat May 08, 2021 6:49 am

Further research reveals it is called the ‘windscreen scuttle’ which leads to many forums discussing drainage issues into the engine compartment.
Heat of the sun causes the plastic scuttle to distort, which is probably why the scuttle disconnected from the drain pipe.
This all leads me to conclude I need to take a closer look at what is going on with the drainage/sealing overall at the scuttle.
Stuart8
Stuart8

Male

Back to top Go down