The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

flair water filler flush housing replacement

2 posters

Go down

flair water filler flush housing replacement  Empty flair water filler flush housing replacement

Post by CaptainDan Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:08 pm

Evening,

Hope you're all keeping well. Anyone know where I can get a replacement water filler housing for a 1991 Flair? I'm no longer using the water tank, but the housing is all cracked and the filler cap is missing so it's just an open hole into the van now :( 

Cheers all

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Ford Transit Flair
Vehicle Year : 1991

Back to top Go down

flair water filler flush housing replacement  Empty Re: flair water filler flush housing replacement

Post by Roopert Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:46 pm

I suspect the best you can do is to look through the websites of Leisureshopdirect, O'leary's, etc, and see what matches best. I don't think you will get an exact match because the original was ~probably~ in an imperial size on the spigot at the back, and all of the new stuff will be metric.

Be prepared for a little bit of making good - on the Trooper we had to add a grey vinyl surround on the paint underneath as the closest replacement we could get was slightly smaller and the fixing holes were in a different place!
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

CaptainDan likes this post

Back to top Go down

flair water filler flush housing replacement  Empty Re: flair water filler flush housing replacement

Post by CaptainDan Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:12 am

Cheers roopert :)

It's a shame it wasn't mounted higher as I could have made use of it,but it's so low to the van floor it's no good to turn the hole into anything so just wanted to keep it looking original and blank it off basically. I'll get a pic of it as it's currently help on with big painted white washers haha

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Ford Transit Flair
Vehicle Year : 1991

Back to top Go down