The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batteries

5 posters

Go down

Batteries Empty Batteries

Post by Sapper Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:10 pm

We bought a new ASW XL a few weeks ago, 

At the moment the vans in winter storage and the owner said if you want to put the batteries on charge for a coupe of days that's OK.  So I did just that this morning but I find that when I got into settings on the panel over the door it won't let me choose which battery should have priority whilst it's on EHU. The selected battery is the leisure one which shows 14.4v but when I try to to switch to vehicle battery which is 12.7v it won't allow me. 

When I try this exercise on the solar side there's no problem I can switch backwards and forwards between the two!

Thanks for any help.
Sapper
Sapper

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Batteries Empty Re: Batteries

Post by Peter Brown Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:51 pm

I'm presuming you have an EC700 system and that the smart charging is enabled. The system monitors the voltage of both batteries

Smart Charging
The EC400\450, 500 and 700 ranges of PSU’s incorporate a
smart charge feature, which monitors both
Leisure and Vehicle batteries and automatically adjusts
and directs the charger power (and solar power if a solar
panel is installed) to maintain the leisure and vehicle
batteries at an optimal level.
The Smart Charge feature will default to the Leisure
Battery and will monitor the Vehicle Battery, if the
Vehicle Battery drops below 12.4V the charger will divert
the charge to the Vehicle Battery for a 4 Hour period
before returning to the Leisure Battery for 4 Hours. At
this point the system will default back to the Leisure
Battery and monitor the Vehicle Battery.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:11 pm

Thanks for that Peter. 

I can see what you mean, so I take it, I can't switch between the two manually on the EHU side like I'm able to do on the solar side so just leave it to the Smart to sort out?
Sapper
Sapper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:22 pm

You should be able to switch between the two batteries to select which one supplies the habitation 12v. The Control Panel has to be switched on to allow this, this function is independent of the charging source.

To control charge manually you need to access the power settings screen.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:19 pm

Sapper wrote:We bought a new ASW XL a few weeks ago, 

At the moment the vans in winter storage and the owner said if you want to put the batteries on charge for a coupe of days that's OK.  So I did just that this morning but I find that when I got into settings on the panel over the door it won't let me choose which battery should have priority whilst it's on EHU. The selected battery is the leisure one which shows 14.4v but when I try to to switch to vehicle battery which is 12.7v it won't allow me. 

When I try this exercise on the solar side there's no problem I can switch backwards and forwards between the two!

Thanks for any help.
No rush but I'm interested to know what software your EC700 system runs, there's the software for the LCD panel and software for the PSU. This information is on the LCD settings choice, possibly just with the short press. Was 14.4V showing on your EC700 panel whilst you van connected to EHU? This reading would fit with the output of a PX300 "intelligent" battery charger.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:38 pm

Relaxez-Vous wrote:
Sapper wrote:We bought a new ASW XL a few weeks ago, 

Thanks for any help.
No rush but I'm interested to know what software your EC700 system runs, there's the software for the LCD panel and software for the PSU. This information is on the LCD settings choice, possibly just with the short press. Was 14.4V showing on your EC700 panel whilst you van connected to EHU? This reading would fit with the output of a PX300 "intelligent" battery charger.

Hi, Not too sure about software I'm a bit numpty when it comes to this but my book say's I have the EC500 PCS and yes, when I took the reading it was on EHU.

Does this answer your question?
Sapper
Sapper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robnsand Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:09 am

The handbook for the 2020 Warwick is out of date, as I believe they all have the EC700.  Ours handbook is the same and we have the EC700, there are other inaccuracies too eg the heating and hot water are now Whale and not Truma.  You can download the owners guide (manual) from the Sargent website.  A/S have just updated the handbook but it is only available electronically.  I received a copy yesterday by email but have not quite worked out how to add it to this forum or where yet!
Robnsand
Robnsand

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL Auto

Back to top Go down

Post by Robnsand Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:11 am

Sorry, duplicate.

Last edited by Robnsand on Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Duplicate message deleted)
Robnsand
Robnsand

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL Auto

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:46 am

The A-S 2018 Motorhome Owner's Manual which you probably have covers the earlier EC328 and EC500 power control systems but not the EC700.  My 2019 model eventually came with a Harmony Utility Management User Instructional Handbook which covers the EC700.  It will say if its an EC700 next to the black isolation/shutdown button.

A link to the Harmony Utility Management User Instructional Handbook is here if you don't have a hard copy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Caraman on Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link)
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:20 am

Thanks for that information, what a great forum. up!
Sapper
Sapper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:57 pm

Hi, For personal reasons I haven't really had the opportunity to look with some detail at what books really came with our new WXL.

But having been given all this useful information from you helpful lot I decided to see just what I do have and lo and behold I have got the Harmony book in my pack which covers the 700 control unit.

It is the same one that Caraman kindly sent the link to download.

Thanks again buddies. allthumbz
Sapper
Sapper

Male

Back to top Go down