The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2004 Trooper LE - seat covers

Go down

2004 Trooper LE - seat covers Empty 2004 Trooper LE - seat covers

Post by Parson Harry Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:11 pm

Hi,

First post, so bear with me!

I have a 2004 T4 Trooper LE (after many years of T3 VX50 ownership) which is starting to show the first signs of bolster wear on the drivers seat. It seems to be a common problem - I've looked at numerous examples which have the same issue. I assume that the fabric used by Autosleeper wasn't the most robust - and it's no longer available.

To avoid further damage I am looking to fit waterproof seat covers, but am struggling to find anything of decent quality and fit.

Advice from the T4 Forum was to fit genuine VW waterproof covers for a T5 - which I've done. The fit it pretty snug and the quality is decent - however the armrest and headrest covers don't fit my captains chairs...too small.

Can anyone recommend a supplier of decent quality tailored waterproof covers to fit late-T4 captains chairs? There are any number of suppliers on eBay etc, but they don't look that great IMHO.

I've had a look at Jackyards site - the covers seem to be really good quality and fit. I'm waiting to hear back from them although the style isn't really to my taste - I'd need something made a bit more subdued!

Anybody out there have any recommendations?

Cheers.
Parson Harry
Parson Harry

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper LE
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down