The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Repair of Heki 2 Roof Light / Ventilator

4 posters

Go down

Repair of Heki 2 Roof  Light / Ventilator Empty Repair of Heki 2 Roof Light / Ventilator

Post by Robbit M Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:05 pm

Hello all. I am investigating repair or replacement of the Heki 2 unit on our Symbol. Came across these instructions from Dometic and thought I would share in case there are other members looking at this. My apologies if this has already been posted.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
If you are looking for a complete new unit this is the lowest price that I have found......unless you know different. Not a recommendation as I have not bought from them. Just for information.
Does any member have experience of repair or replacement that they would like to share. Trying to assess if this is a DIY task or one for the workshop.
Cheers

Rob Malyn
Robbit M
Robbit M

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

Repair of Heki 2 Roof  Light / Ventilator Empty Re: Repair of Heki 2 Roof Light / Ventilator

Post by Tim M Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:47 pm

Hello Rob,
Thanks for the link.
We have managed to snap off the locking lever from what I now know (from your info) is termed the gas spring mounting block, on one side.
Have your searches turned up a likely source for just the mounting block(s) ?
Regards, Tim.
Tim M
Tim M

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Repair of Heki 2 Roof  Light / Ventilator Empty Re: Repair of Heki 2 Roof Light / Ventilator

Post by Robbit M Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:25 pm

Hello Tim. This is the most comprehensive supplier of parts that I have found. Hope you can locate the part you need. From their exploded parts diagrams I hope you can identify the part you need. Cheers, Rob

Rob Malyn
Robbit M
Robbit M

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim M Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:43 pm

Described as (pair) lift handles.
Looks as though you found exactly what we need !
Thank you.
I hope your repair/replacement goes well too.
Regards,    Tim.
Tim M
Tim M

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by frederic Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:22 pm

Seems cheaper to buy the complete unit rather than the dome with fittings, easier also I imagine.
Just remove from new frame and fit to old one? Any one done that?
frederic
frederic
frederic
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz TipT
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbit M Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:20 am

missed the opportunity to get this done this year now so waiting til Spring .....

Rob Malyn
Robbit M
Robbit M

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Heanorboy Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:33 am

frederic wrote:Seems cheaper to buy the complete unit rather than the dome with fittings, easier also I imagine.
Just remove from new frame and fit to old one? Any one done that?
frederic
I will put my hand up and very glad I did..
The job was not that difficult in fact the hardest part was removal of the sealant/mastic.
Major thing to remember is that if you have this problem is that the mounting plate that it sits on on the roof side is made of what appears to be biodegradable plastic i.e. it is most likely cracked or broken so a new one of these might well be needed whichever option you go down. This however cost a total packet mine had to come from Italy and they only got it right at the second attempt about 8 weeks if I recall correctly.
When I replaced mine the reason that I was glad was that I found that the timber mount between the van ceiling and roof had rotted through either by water getting in or condensation so I had to make a new frame, simple job though just 4 bits of timber block jointed.

Good luck have fun

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex 2012 Dorset W
Vehicle Year : 2015

Robbit M likes this post

Back to top Go down