The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water level sender connection help.

2 posters

Go down

Water level sender connection help. Empty Water level sender connection help.

Post by Hilts Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:21 pm

Had a water leak from the exit point on my water tank, pipe running to tap and having searched this forum discovered that the tank to pipe connection is screw connection that if it becomes loose you can not tighten from the exterior, it appears that a previous owner had same issue and fixed with silicone. Here is my problem, someone in the past has cut the twin cable from the level sender unit and repaired with terminal block connection, all cables were dirty so I attached a cable tie to two of the cables that were connected as a marker, so that i could identify which two were connected, my marker fell off so. 
Two grey cables from sender unit, one solid black, one black white stripe from interior, any advice pls on what should connect to each other, thanks.
Hilts
Hilts

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Gatcombe
Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Water level sender connection help. Empty Re: Water level sender connection help.

Post by Roopert Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:40 pm

It may be worth waiting to see if anyone else with exactly the same van comes along to advise, but as a generic observation, on a vehicle with a plastic tank it should not matter which way round you connect the wires.

There are a couple of types of system - one based on a float with a resistance, and the other on pairs of probes, but as long as it's just a pair of wires it should work either way round.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Water level sender connection help. Empty Re: Water level sender connection help.

Post by Hilts Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:16 pm

Thank you.
Hilts
Hilts

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hilts Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:45 pm

I was overthinking this, connect two wires, did not work, changed around , worked.
So tank leak repaired, tested today, tank cleaned, 4 new “J” bolts on way, angle iron supports cleaned and repainted, wooden plywood under tray cleaned, stained with preservative, van ext floor undersealed. 
Earlier this week I fitted new Bilstein Shock absorbers and replaced the foam dashboard  vent seals, Been a busy few days.
Hilts
Hilts

Male

Back to top Go down