The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fault code W45H

+6
rgermain
Paulmold
babian
Gromit
PLOUGHLIN
greycaster
10 posters

Go down

W45H - fault code W45H Empty fault code W45H

Post by greycaster Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:51 am

Some help needed. My truma cp plus is showing a fault code W45H which is loss of 240v supply to my truma heater. Manual suggests resetting the overheat protection, question is how do i access the button on a Warwick XL. The unit seems to be located under the wardrobe with no obvious access. Any ideas?
greycaster
greycaster

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

W45H - fault code W45H Empty Re: fault code W45H

Post by PLOUGHLIN Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:02 pm

Usually it means removing the wardrobe floor, couple of screws and pull, it is a tight fit. Might need to drill a finger pull hole.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:06 pm

None at all I'm afraid, but hopefully if it doesn't work after a reset, it won't be the fuse!!!!

Fortunately there's an easy way to check, with reasonable certainty, if the fuse has blown.

Look for the mains plug icon at lower right of the panel, just below the ⁰C icon. If that is missing, chances are it is the fuse - and as you are probably aware, fitting a new one is a pig of a job!

Hope this helps.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by babian Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:12 pm

Remove plastic grill vent below bottom draw, 4 screws.
You can just about get a long thin Philips screw driver in there too push in mechanical" plastic red recessed button". Situated too the left of the front of the combi. Never done it but black exhaust tube could be in the way but push it slightly up or down too get long thin tool past.
If combi is like ours, boiler control panel should be facing you. They say too let the unit cool down before trying to reset. Good luck
babian
babian

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:30 pm

Most error messages are due to not shutting down system properly. So before you start taking things apart ..
 Press and hold the shut down button until the display goes blank, then turn off switches on Sargent box and disconnect hook up. Reconnect and turn on Truma as normal.

If you don't hold down the shut down knob for around 10 seconds the system only goes to stand by and does not fully shut down.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

rgermain, AutoSleepy_Don and Joefox like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:40 pm

Paulmold wrote:Most error messages are due to not shutting down system properly. So before you start taking things apart ..
 Press and hold the shut down button until the display goes blank, then turn off switches on Sargent box and disconnect hook up. Reconnect and turn on Truma as normal.

If you don't hold down the shut down knob for around 10 seconds the system only goes to stand by and does not fully shut down.
Agree, that happens to me nearly every time with not shutting down correctly.
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo

Joefox likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:41 pm

greycaster wrote:Some help needed. My truma cp plus is showing a fault code W45H which is loss of 240v supply to my truma heater. Manual suggests resetting the overheat protection, question is how do i access the button on a Warwick XL. The unit seems to be located under the wardrobe with no obvious access. Any ideas?
I have had W45H a few times and I fixed it quite easily without changing a fuse or using a thermal reset button.
I know from my own experience that one cause of W45H is when your source is set to EL1 or EL2 and you disconnect the EHU.
Don't be pressed into dismantling anything or doing anything drastic until you're sure you have a major problem.
Are you sure the source is set to gas ? up!
Also I think Paulmold's advice about doing an electronic reset is solid.
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Paulmold, rgermain and Joefox like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gef Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:35 pm

You should have a illuminated  switch probably in the wardrobe  if it is lit up then you have power to the Combi.  Check by switching on/off.  If you need to reset then once you find find the unit take off the cover behind the unit.  Ideally you need an extending illuminating mirror to find the reset button.  If not you may be able to feel it.  It's simular in size to the end of a ballpoint  pen.  Hold in for 10 seconds good luck
gef

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Greyhound Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:46 pm

gef wrote:You should have a illuminated  switch probably in the wardrobe  if it is lit up then you have power to the Combi.  Check by switching on/off.  If you need to reset then once you find find the unit take off the cover behind the unit.  Ideally you need an extending illuminating mirror to find the reset button.  If not you may be able to feel it.  It's simular in size to the end of a ballpoint  pen.  Hold in for 10 seconds good luck

100% agree - Definitely check on the control unit first that the button simply hasn't been knocked off.

I have had this 'fault' a few times and it's usually just been knocked off on the EC500 unit.  Press the orange button and it'll turn the system back on again.

If it is indeed on, then move on to the next testing, but that's always the first check and the simplest :)
Greyhound
Greyhound

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by malc45 Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:37 pm

Hi, I have this code W45H come up every time I forget to press the switch on the unit under the cooker either space heater or water heater
not sure which without going down to the Motorhome but it is one or the other, just a thought.
Malc.
malc45
malc45
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : symbol
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down