The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carbon monoxide alarm

2 posters

Go down

Carbon monoxide alarm Empty Carbon monoxide alarm

Post by gef Wed May 20, 2020 11:58 am

Just had the van out for the first warm day and went to open rear roof vent and dear old as have positioned the monitor so as you turn the handle you crack your nuckels will they never learn. scratch head
gef

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Carbon monoxide alarm Empty Re: Carbon monoxide alarm

Post by Relaxez-Vous Wed May 20, 2020 10:27 pm

We had our CO alarm replaced under warranty after 7 months, from a Fire Angel (8 years or so of life!) with its non-replaceable battery to a Kidde Model-7CO which has batteries I can replace.

I took out the battery permanently in our previous van's smoke alarm. Driving North on a dual carriageway up the Atlantic coast in France the dust from the fields set it off for kilometre after kilometer. For evermore I've remembered the tinnitus.

Going through our Kemerton's features on the day we collected our Kemerton XL from the dealer, the staff member commented on the awkward siting of the fire extinguisher between the front seats. I might not have thought of this otherwise. I subsequently bought some right angled aluminium strip on eBay and re-sited it out of the way attached to the near side of the passenger seat. If anything it's safer, if a fire I could reach in from outside to access the extinguisher more easily. We now have more space between the front seats which we mainly use at night to store our shoes.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down