The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone know the paint code for this?

5 posters

Go down

Does anyone know the paint code for this? Empty Does anyone know the paint code for this?

Post by IanH Tue May 19, 2020 8:29 am

Not got it yet, but am preparing!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not the greatest of pics but, hopefully, you can see it's a Warwick Duo, 2013, colour unknown but its the gold option of the 4 colours, others being white, silver and blue

I would need the paint code (not sure if the one under the bonnet will be correct as the wheel arches on the inside of this are silver, probably the original colour of the minibus before conversion?

I'm going to get some mixed, to paint things like the fridge vents, ext aerial etc, and, hopefully never needed for touch ups!

Whist the pic is there, what do others do to get rid of the greyness and streaks on the black plastic trim. I tried various things on the previous Warwick, some were better than others but none worked well?

Once again, many Thanks
Ian
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know the paint code for this? Empty Re: Does anyone know the paint code for this?

Post by Paulmold Tue May 19, 2020 8:42 am

I don't know the code but I believe the colour is 'white gold'. As for the black trim mine are now really a whitish grey. I'll get round to getting some colour back later this week. I too have tried various products from Autoglym Bumper gel to vinyl cleaners , some lasting longer than others but none lasting a season.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know the paint code for this? Empty Re: Does anyone know the paint code for this?

Post by Milvus Tue May 19, 2020 8:54 am

I’ve had very good results on faded black plastic with a product called Poorboys World Trim restorer. It’s widely available from various outlets.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Taurian Tue May 19, 2020 9:04 am

On the recommendation of a couple of members on here, I used boiled linseed oil and white spirits in a 50/50 mix to get my plastic trim back to black.    It is now 12 months since I applied it and it is still almost as good as when I applied it.
Taurian
Taurian

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Clubman Anniversary
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by MelB Tue May 19, 2020 9:42 am

Hi Ian. Looks exactly like the same colour as my Van. I touched up my van with this:
Colour: Golden White [Metallic]. Code: Fiat 506 [code from engine compartment].
MelB
MelB
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : KEMERTON
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Tue May 19, 2020 10:27 am

Thanks Mel, I'll check that out
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MelB Tue May 19, 2020 5:26 pm

IanH wrote:Thanks Mel, I'll check that out
Its a pleasure. I have thanked you before and will do it again with regards to the detailed information you provided to the forum for fitting a solar panel to a van. I still have your..pics and all..saved on my computer. With the assistance of my handy-man brother it was completed early last year and it does the job. I can assure you I followed your advice and methods to the letter. Thank you.
MelB
MelB
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : KEMERTON
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Tue May 19, 2020 7:27 pm

Nice to know and a pleasure to help.
New Warwick (2013) scheduled to arrive 8 June, it'll undergo more or less the same mods as the previous one, so I'll photo graph each mod should anyone be interested.
The solar panel on this one is being fitted by Simpsons who I'm buying the vehicle from, so we'll see how that pans out. up!
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down