The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buy a Motorhome now - Madness

+10
IanH
Cymro
kaspian
Dbvwt
Greyhound
NCB
Paulmold
Bobskate
Gromit
MrSteveVee
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Buy a Motorhome now - Madness - Page 2 Empty Re: Buy a Motorhome now - Madness

Post by IanH Thu May 07, 2020 9:46 pm

Lancy wrote:
MrSteveVee wrote:Thanks chaps, lots of good info and advice. 
Good idea Cymro, I shall start one straight away

Its amazing how some of the simplest things become a major puzzle to a MH newbie. Thanks to you guys I now know what I need for levelling a MH, then when talking to the wife about the shower she asked "How do you fill the water tanks" ? 

Good question. I have no idea. Our van has a submersible pump that you put into an aquaroll parked outside the van. But a MH has internal tanks.

So it's back to good old Youtube to see what to do lol. Exciting times
Steve

The tank will be filled by a hose through a skin fitting. Contrary to what you may see on here, we always travel with the tank full, then when you get to where you are going you at least have some water. If on a site or an Aire with water, you then refill before leaving. Many will say theye even drain the toilet flush tank to save weight as well as the water tank, if yo do both you may save 60Kg or so, most doing so are carryiny much more than 60Kg of cr8p they never use!!!!! up! up! up! up!

Welcome! You will/ should get a comprehensive hand over where all the workings will be explained. Good to write your own list too....and take notepad to write down the answers! 

I can imagine these times are a buyers market therefore not a sellers market. Good deals to be done!
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by kaspian Thu May 07, 2020 10:18 pm

I'd like to think so Ian but I suspect dealers will be bullish wishing to claw back their lost earnings.
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : WARWICK XL
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by MrSteveVee Mon May 18, 2020 1:34 pm

If anyone is interested, an interesting comment I received from the dealer last week when discussing future delivery options seemed to indicate that the lockdown has not upset their sales too much, I quote:

We have had a bumper few weeks and now have about a dozen vehicles to be delivered the first week in June. (When we expect to be eased back to some kind of normality.)

Which is good methinks if that is reflective of the MH industry as a whole and also (may) point to the fact that home country holidays may become more popular event for quite a while
Steve
MrSteveVee
MrSteveVee

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Mon May 18, 2020 1:41 pm

Hmm, I’m not sure how they've had a bumper few weeks when dealers sales outlets have been closed and folk have been in lockdown unable to undertake non-essential travel.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by MrSteveVee Mon May 18, 2020 1:52 pm

That's quite true, but it seems they are more closed in the physical sense as they are still trading. I had an Email from my local Honda Garage a few weeks back reminding me that they will provide a free delivery on any car I would like to purchase so business is still trying to creep along lol 
Steve
MrSteveVee
MrSteveVee

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Spospe Mon May 18, 2020 3:51 pm

The Sunday Times this week reported that sales of motorhomes are growing dramatically as people see them as a way of having an isolated holiday.
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2