The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Access to rear lights on a Duetto

2 posters

Go down

Duetto - Access to rear lights on a Duetto Empty Access to rear lights on a Duetto

Post by Greenshipwright Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:32 pm

As a very new owner, some advice would be gratefully accepted on how to access the rear light fittings on my 2000 Duetto.
I think I can see how to get to the wing nuts on  the nearside, through the plastic cover on  outside back of the shower cubicle (though unless you're a contortionist undoing them is a mystery scratch head !). Getting to the offside however baffles me, unless I remove the 'fridge, which seems to be a lot of faff just to renew bulbs.
Is there a simpler way that anyone could reveal, please?
I'm going to fit a reversing camera ( hence the immediate need to access the rear lights), but am thinking I might route the wire to the monitor underneath the 'van itself rather than try and find a simple route through the habitation area?
Many thanks for the benefit of any experience you can share!
Greenshipwright
Greenshipwright

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Duetto - Access to rear lights on a Duetto Empty Re: Access to rear lights on a Duetto

Post by Bulletguy Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:11 pm

Greenshipwright wrote:As a very new owner, some advice would be gratefully accepted on how to access the rear light fittings on my 2000 Duetto.
I think I can see how to get to the wing nuts on  the nearside, through the plastic cover on  outside back of the shower cubicle (though unless you're a contortionist undoing them is a mystery scratch head !). Getting to the offside however baffles me, unless I remove the 'fridge, which seems to be a lot of faff just to renew bulbs. Is there a simpler way that anyone could reveal, please?
You have to remove the lower fridge vent....this piece by the rear wheel arch;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

the light unit is secured internally by three plastic wingnuts which should only be finger tight and able to be unscrewed by hand. Access is limited and hampered by the piping and they are not easily visible either.....more a case of doing it by feel. Be careful not to drop one of the wingnuts as i did and had to firk around until i felt it. Ideally, find someone with slim arms, wrists, and nimble fingers!
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Duetto - Access to rear lights on a Duetto Empty Re: Access to rear lights on a Duetto

Post by Greenshipwright Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:01 pm

Thanks Bulletguy, that helps. Can't be any more awkward than trying to get your hands around behind the shower cubicle!!
Greenshipwright
Greenshipwright

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down