The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What parts are there in the window?

3 posters

Go down

What parts are there in the window? Empty What parts are there in the window?

Post by gbaylis1957 Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:53 pm

Hi.

I am trying to fix a leak in one of the windows in the side of the high top part of the roof of my 2000 Pegueot AS Harmony.

I have taken the window blind out, and can see that there are some screws in the wooden inside skin. Are these what is holding the window in??

I ask as the bathroom window has no trim on the outside (should it have one) and I can see that this window has many screws on the outside.

Is the outside panel on the leaking window, the one that surrounds the window, concealing screws under it??

Don't want to start removing something that is not meant to be removed....

Thanks

Graham
gbaylis1957
gbaylis1957

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

What parts are there in the window? Empty Re: What parts are there in the window?

Post by peugeotboxer Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:56 am

Graham

There are screws which are concealed in the fabric covering.
These need to be removed.
The actual window is held in place by clips which are screwed through.
I had a devil of a job removing them and they didn't get refitted!

The windows in the high top are different to the bathroom window.
My bathroom window leaked very slightly and was cured by a thin silicone bead around the outside.

See my previous post on the high top window removal.

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

What parts are there in the window? Empty Re: What parts are there in the window?

Post by Roopert Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:33 am

There have been several different types of high-top window fitted by A/S over the years, and I don't know the exact dates at which they changed, but I would guess you're referring to the acrylic, top-hinged "bubble" type double skin windows with "Para Press" marked on them?

If so, my experience was similar to PB's - removing wasn't much fun on either side, not helped by the fact that the wardrobe seemed to have been installed over the top of the end of one of them!

Whether you re-use the curved aluminium load spreaders depends, IMO, on how you plan to reinstall them. If you use a relatively low viscosity sealant then you may not need them. If you use the butyl rubber mastic that A/S supply, I think you should. They are important in that situation because they allow you to steadily tighten down as the mastic squeezes out. It's a while now since I did mine, but IIRC it took 2 days to complete the tightening down - not helped by the fact that the weather was cold at the time...
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down