The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damp floor need to remove fridge but can't!

5 posters

Go down

Damp floor need to remove fridge but can't! Empty Damp floor need to remove fridge but can't!

Post by Nickmac_21 Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:23 pm

Hi all, I have a 1993 Trident and it's got a very wet patch on the floor in front of the fridge, upon investigation the chipboard is very wet, beyond saving and it goes all under the fridge. I want to remove the fridge and have removed 3 screws from inside the cupboards that go through in to the side of the fridge but it still won't come out. What am I missing :-) I want to replace the floor. Wasn't planning on this when I bought it! Thanks for all of your help.
Nickmac_21
Nickmac_21

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident
Vehicle Year : 1993

Back to top Go down

Damp floor need to remove fridge but can't! Empty Re: Damp floor need to remove fridge but can't!

Post by Roopert Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:46 am

Have you checked to see if there are two pairs of circular plastic covers inside, on either side of the door? From the mid 90s onwards, all Electrolux fridges seem to have had that fixing method, plus a few other screws added from the outside inward.

I know I've removed fridges from earlier (80s) A/S conversions, but TBH I can't recall now how they were fixed - it's just too long ago.

Is it loose, or still firm and immovable? If the former, they can be a tight fit even with all the fixing screws removed, not helped by the fact that you sometimes have to lift the front feet over a lip - though on a Trident that should not be the case, as it should just sit straight on the floor.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Damp floor need to remove fridge but can't! Empty Re: Damp floor need to remove fridge but can't!

Post by BobK Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:05 am

Some have mastic all round the front edge ..   Had to take the stanley knife to mine before getting it clear.   Could also be gas connections holding it firm at the back.
BobK
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Autosleepless!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nickmac_21 Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:34 am

Thanks everyone, it did have mastic, I have taken the vents off the back, there are no gaskets or seals present and I definitely think this is the culprit, I cut mastic but agree it could just be all the gas pipes etc...
Nickmac_21
Nickmac_21

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:08 pm

Nickmac_21 wrote:Hi all, I have a 1993 Trident and it's got a very wet patch on the floor in front of the fridge, upon investigation the chipboard is very wet, beyond saving and it goes all under the fridge. I want to remove the fridge and have removed 3 screws from inside the cupboards that go through in to the side of the fridge but it still won't come out. What am I missing :-) I want to replace the floor. Wasn't planning on this when I bought it! Thanks for all of your help.
Hi Nickmac 21
Welcome to the forum from soggy Bridlington 
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Nickmac_21 Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:33 pm

Thanks! That's very nice of you. Glad to be part of the autosleeper community! Are there ever any meet ups?
Nickmac_21
Nickmac_21

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:29 pm

When you replace your fridge check that the drain hole in the back is not blocked and that the fridge is not sloping in any direction. 

Ours leaks defrosting water out of the bottom of the door if we have not got the van level and, once, when some food was pushed too far back and blocked the drain hole. The water ran into the bottom of the underbed locker unfortunately, where we did not notice it for some time. It surprises me how much water was produced, especially in warm weather when opening the door often.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down