The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peugeot Boxer service

+6
Kingham
Caught1once
Bad Penny
steamdrivenandy
rgermain
Welshbudda
10 posters

Go down

Peugeot Boxer service Empty Peugeot Boxer service

Post by Welshbudda Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:20 am

NHi All,
Does anyone know what would be fair price to pay a Peugeot dealership to carry out 1 st service on a Peugeot boxer van first registered Sept 2017 with a mileage of 3800.
Welshbudda
Welshbudda

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Peugeot Boxer service Empty Re: Peugeot Boxer service

Post by rgermain Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:19 pm

What a question.

I paid at the same interval as you £250, at main Peugeot dealer. Now they will I expect demand that you have the brake fluid changed, no way out it is their policy, or so they told me. Adds if I remember about £36.
Never had Fords tell me we need fluid change on both of our cars.

I would suggest you try a couple of Peugeots dealers if there are any in your area, as I have seen previous topics on here take say the price does change.
-----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by steamdrivenandy Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:35 pm

The variable tends to be the labour rate involved. The south of England labour rates are highest, so the service will cost a bit more.
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Penny Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:02 pm

You don't have to use a peugeot dealer for your service. I use my local garage, a family business and a very good one. As long as they use Peugeot parts or of eqivalent quality, your warranty is not affected. 

My vehicle is a Fiat base, the same applies and Fiat parts are used. No plush lounge to sit and wait, but I know the work gets done properly. I also get to talk to the owner/mechanic.

I  notice you live in the Swansea area, the garage I use is in Gorseinon. His name is Dave Coe. Telephone no 896653. Give them a ring, they are very helpful. I have no connection to them other than a satisfied customer.

Leighton.
Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex Broadway owner
Vehicle Year : 2014 mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:42 pm

We have just paid £300 for 2nd service and hab check. First service and hab we also paid £300. That was done by the motorhome dealer not Peugeot.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Caught1once Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:53 pm

Welshbudda wrote:NHi All,
Does anyone know what would be fair price to pay a Peugeot dealership to carry out 1 st service on a Peugeot boxer van first registered Sept 2017 with a mileage of 3800.
Does this mean that the 1st service is not required until after 2 years ?
Caught1once
Caught1once

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham pvc
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by steamdrivenandy Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:09 pm

They're vans, designed to do massive mileages in a short life. When made into motorhomes they have the exact opposite . Low mileages over long lives. Your manual will tell you when a service is due but a delivery van will often qualify for two or three services in 12 months, whilst a motorhome  won't do that sort of mileage in 20 years.
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingham Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:22 am

Mine was £361 just for the Peugeot side of things, the habitation was done separately.

A few other costs mentioned in this earlier thread.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingham Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:25 am

Caught1once wrote:

That’s correct, 2 years or mileage limited, whichever comes first. I can’t remember what the mileage is, but it’s more than a motorhome would normally reach.

I had an oil and filter change done on mine at 1 year, but that’s outside of Peugeot’s service regime.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:58 pm

Kingham wrote:
Caught1once wrote:

That’s correct, 2 years or mileage limited, whichever comes first. I can’t remember what the mileage is, but it’s more than a motorhome would normally reach.

I had an oil and filter change done on mine at 1 year, but that’s outside of Peugeot’s service regime.

Very wise move, that is what I have always done as my annual mileage is about 4000. Some say I am wasting money with an oil change, but an engine rebuild is many more times that of an oil filter and 7.2l of recommended oil.
-----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:09 pm

Mine was £380 just a few days ago.

These prices are ex vat,
Peugeot Boxer service Untitl10
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:43 pm

AutoSleepy_Don wrote:Mine was £380 just a few days ago.

These prices are ex vat,
Peugeot Boxer service Untitl10

The washer liquid bit really does p me off. I pointed out to them that I went out of my way to make sure the bottle was full to the rim before coming in. There response, " it is part of the invoice and we did top it up"!!!! by a couple of drips. scratch head

I think they have shot themselves in the foot, now my van will be 4 years old next service and will go elsewhere.

Never ever been charged, may be hidden, by our local Ford main dealer on Hayling Island or been asked for £20 to cover the insurance on a loan car, unlike Peugeot.

Mind you they did keep me waiting while they gave it a wash, which it didn't require, Peugeot no wonder they all prance around in nice suits.
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:09 pm

The charge for washer top up must be a con that's laid on everyone. 
On my last service I also (jokingly I thought) informed the service department that I'd topped up the washer bottle and there was no need to check it.
Like you I was taken aback to have an itemised charge of almost £4 on my bill for washer top up.. 
They've lost my custom through that now, I'll be taking my annual several hundred pounds of business elsewhere.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:48 pm

bikeralw wrote:The charge for washer top up must be a con that's laid on everyone. 
On my last service I also (jokingly I thought) informed the service department that I'd topped up the washer bottle and there was no need to check it.
Like you I was taken aback to have an itemised charge of almost £4 on my bill for washer top up.. 
They've lost my custom through that now, I'll be taking my annual several hundred pounds of business elsewhere.
Al.

Well done, I am with you all the way.
I wonder if they will learn or be bothered as I expect there is an other customer coming along soon scratch head

Pal of mine once got charged for 6 spark plugs, his car was a 5 cylinder, answer, they come in 6's censored!
-----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerThat Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:01 pm

My first service is due in Feb 2020, I shall be sure to remember this washer jet fee/con!
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stanway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by kaspian Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:44 pm

bikeralw wrote:The charge for washer top up must be a con that's laid on everyone. 

Al.
  Ha ha , been there Al . I did the same and when asked how they ( Skoda)  managed to top up the washer bottle as I had filled it to the top , I was told the mechanic operated the washers until there was enough space to put their sachet in !!  Seriously!     Another con is the 'pollen filter'  While waiting for our Kia to be serviced I counted over  10 calls from the receptionist advising customers of pollen filters requiring replacement as it is not part of the service. When I was told the same I said the filter had only been in place for around 2000 miles, in rural ie  not in polluted  city centre driving.  A filthy filter was produced as proof by the mechanic.... Next month the service is due again and this time I will replace the filter before taking the car .   If I am told it needs replacement there will be trouble!!   hugegrins hugegrins
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : WARWICK XL

Back to top Go down

Post by steamdrivenandy Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:32 am

Pollen filters filter minute stuff like pollen, no less. So they can get just as 'dirty' in the countryside as athey can in a town.
, maybe even worse cos there can be lots of pollen in the countryside and not so much in town. Now if they were pollution filters then the town would be potentially worse.

I once had a pollen filter that got clogged on an almost brand new Mondeo ad the car msted up ibadmy nside on a damp summer's day.
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:20 pm

Dealers usually tell you they need to regas the AC.
They forgot to try that one.
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingham Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:38 pm

rgermain wrote:........Mind you they did keep me waiting while they gave it a wash, which it didn't require........
----------
Richard

I like my van clean and polished and would never expect anyone to work on it if it was filthy, so the first time it went in to Peugeot, I made sure it was sparkling. When they finished the work and handed me the keys, the girl on the service desk proudly announced that they’d also given it a complimentary wash. 

When I got out to my van, it had indeed been washed and was still dripping, but by the time I got home it had dried out and my glistening paintwork was covered in white streaks censored!

I leave a “DO NOT WASH” note on the dash now, as well as instructing them not to wash it, especially as I’ve only ever seen the wash bay labourer use a jet wash.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by steamdrivenandy Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:54 pm

The dealer price for an aircon regas is tremendous. If you look out for offers from the likes of ATS you can easily halve the charge.
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:14 pm

steamdrivenandy wrote:The dealer price for an aircon regas is tremendous. If you look out for offers from the likes of ATS you can easily halve the charge.

But if it works why would it need a regas, I guess we would ask for one if we thought it was blowing warm air.

Never had a regas on both Fords now 12 and 9 years old, only had a problem on the MX5 which had a leak.
----------
Richard

Good idea about note saying DONOT WASH, VW did it once on the Topaz and I think they used some very strong cleaner ( ACID ) as I never was able to remove the streaks on the plastic bits!
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kaspian Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:51 pm

steamdrivenandy wrote:Pollen filters filter minute stuff like pollen, no less. So they can get just as 'dirty' in the countryside as athey can in a town.
, maybe even worse cos there can be lots of pollen in the countryside and not so much in town. Now if they were pollution filters then the town would be potentially worse.

I once had a pollen filter that got clogged on an almost brand new Mondeo ad the car msted up ibadmy nside on a damp summer's day.
From the look of the example filter shown to me as proof that it needed replacing it must have been pollen from a COAL tree...ie jet black! 

Kingham, ditto !  I keep  my van spotless and it always goes for mot in that condition after exactly the same complimentary dust down with their jetwash and strong traffic film remover my van was also covered in streaks. I now make them note on the job card DO NOT WASH.  hugegrins
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : WARWICK XL

Back to top Go down