The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overcab cupboard removal (Sandy or any)

2 posters

Go down

Overcab cupboard removal (Sandy or any) Empty Overcab cupboard removal (Sandy or any)

Post by davek67 Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:37 pm

I'm thinking of removing the overhead cabinets in the Sandhurst and making it into a bed area for my little girl, she really misses her 'bedroom'.

I've had a quick look and it doesn't look as simple as I thought it'd be tbh - no obvious way it'll all come apart.

Anyone ever done this, know how to or why it shouldn't be done

Thanks.
davek67
davek67

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Sandhurst
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Overcab cupboard removal (Sandy or any) Empty Re: Overcab cupboard removal (Sandy or any)

Post by daisy mae Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:00 pm

Be aware that the lining on the roof is not that strong, Mark at AS at the time warned me when I was considering a Sandhurst,

If not careful,  if anything catches the roof lining it will tear, feel yourself and see how flimsy it is., and to replace,   the whole over cab overhang has to removed.a big expensive job.would need to go back to AS, and I don`t know how good they are now.

The over cab cupboard is very small compared to other models.

Good luck what ever you decide.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down