The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autosleeper Symphony Toilet Adding Fluid?

5 posters

Go down

Autosleeper Symphony Toilet Adding Fluid? Empty Autosleeper Symphony Toilet Adding Fluid?

Post by buzz56 Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:52 pm

We have brought a 1994 Talbot Express AutoSleeper Symphony. Just wondering what we should add to the loo to keep it hygenic etc. The toilet is a Fiamma with a screw top to the left of the bowl. We added pink Thetford aqua fresh to the loo via the screw top but when we flushed the water was clear and not pink. Are we going something wrong?
buzz56
buzz56

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Symphony Toilet Adding Fluid? Empty Looos

Post by peugeotboxer Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:04 pm

Hi buzz56

Toilets have been debated quite heavily on here recently. Do a search. There's lots of differing opinions!!
With regard to the flush water - I presume you are talking about the filler at the top in the toilet compartment located on the outside behind the rear wheel?
If it's only had clear water in it before, it may need 'flushing' out. hugegrins
Try a few more flushes.
Hope that helps.

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Symphony Toilet Adding Fluid? Empty Re: Autosleeper Symphony Toilet Adding Fluid?

Post by buzz56 Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:12 pm

PB,

The filler is right next to the bowl on the left. The flush control is on the right.

If you unscrew the filler inside is a resevoirr which i filled with the aqua flush. Do I need to fill this with water?
buzz56
buzz56

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Symphony Toilet Adding Fluid? Empty Re: Autosleeper Symphony Toilet Adding Fluid?

Post by deckie Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:16 pm

A little bit confused here, buzz56,

Is yours a 'Freestanding' loo ?? as opposed to a 'Cassette' type .... not sure why it should be scratch head

Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Symphony Toilet Adding Fluid? Empty Re: Autosleeper Symphony Toilet Adding Flu

Post by peugeotboxer Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:58 pm

Sorry buzz56

I read your post as 2004 not 1994.
Obviously has a different toilet arrangement.

Maybe a photo might help folks.

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by buzz56 Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:13 pm

deckie wrote:A little bit confused here, buzz56,

Is yours a 'Freestanding' loo ?? as opposed to a 'Cassette' type .... not sure why it should be scratch head

Brian

Its a cassette
buzz56
buzz56

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:32 pm

buzz56 wrote:
deckie wrote:A little bit confused here, buzz56,

Brian

Its a cassette

Hi Buzz,

As PB said ..... the filler is on the outside ..... I don't know of one inside scratch head

Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:02 pm

If you look at the photos in this advert, you will see in the toilet compartment, a Fiamma cassette toilet. Not what we call a cassette now but thats what it was called by Fiamma then (I assume it is fixed and not a loose porta-potti type). Heaven knows how you empty it if it is fixed. You can see the filler cap on the left of the seat which looks just like any other porta-potti filler so in answer to the original question, I would assume the pink fluid mixes with water through there. I'd never seen this type of toilet fixed in a van before seeing this advert and can't find anything about by googling.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:09 pm

Well found Paul allthumbz

It's all in the name then !!

Brian

PS I suppose they called it a cassette, as opposed to the Elsan Bristol .... "bucket & chuck-it" type (yes we had them in the past) Poooo biggrin

Last edited by deckie on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:20 pm

Looks like a Thetford Porta-potti to me?

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:34 pm

boxerman wrote:Looks like a Thetford Porta-potti to me?

Frank

I believe they were a copy of the Thetford. On searching the internet further, I found a comment from Johnscross (Fiamma Agents) that he thought all old stock Fiamma 'cassettes' were sold to one converter...I wonder which one??
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by buzz56 Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:12 am

Paulmold wrote:If you look at the photos in this advert, you will see in the toilet compartment, a Fiamma cassette toilet. Not what we call a cassette now but thats what it was called by Fiamma then (I assume it is fixed and not a loose porta-potti type). Heaven knows how you empty it if it is fixed. You can see the filler cap on the left of the seat which looks just like any other porta-potti filler so in answer to the original question, I would assume the pink fluid mixes with water through there. I'd never seen this type of toilet fixed in a van before seeing this advert and can't find anything about by googling.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thats the one Paul. well done. I have added pink stuff to the filler on the left. It is concentrated so I guess I should be adding water to the filler as well.
buzz56
buzz56

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:33 am

Out of curiosity, is it fixed or loose? If fixed, how do you empty the contents?
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by buzz56 Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:55 am

Paulmold wrote:Out of curiosity, is it fixed or loose? If fixed, how do you empty the contents?

Fixed. Access to cassette is just inside the backdoors opposite to fridge
buzz56
buzz56

Back to top Go down