The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rods under long seat bench Kemerton (2011)

3 posters

Go down

Rods under long seat bench Kemerton (2011) Empty Rods under long seat bench Kemerton (2011)

Post by Camperdeb Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:04 pm

We’re new to this, just upgraded from a tent!  Under the long seat which  house heater battery etc, there are metal rods layed across. Just wondering if they have been added or came as standard and why. Really heavy and roll around so noicy when driving.

Last edited by Camperdeb on Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Camperdeb
Camperdeb

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Peugeout
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Rods under long seat bench Kemerton (2011) Empty Re: Rods under long seat bench Kemerton (2011)

Post by Justus2 Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:11 am

I'm guessing that if you have a Thule canopy they could be a   " Thule Rafter Pole " 

(a search online will provide images) , Our pole is beige painted steel but aluminium ones are also available I believe.

It is a basically a sprung loaded pole which fits tight under the canopy ( into a hole ) between the van and the centre of the canopy to keep it taught and prevent water build up above. My tips re use of canopies would be, beware of windy weather and potential damage, always have one leg just slightly shorter so that any rain will run off, and putting one away wet will result in mould forming, but as an ex tenter I guess you will already know that.. smile!
Justus2
Justus2

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Rods under long seat bench Kemerton (2011) Empty Re: Rods under long seat bench Kemerton (2011)

Post by Lorfal Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:05 am

Yep, agree too they sound like they are for the wind out canopy. You should be able to download the manual/instructions for your van if not included at sale. There should be a picture of how it fits in.
Lorfal
Lorfal
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:35 am

If very heavy as you say they are most likely not awning related, my awning rafter I can balance on my little finger and hardly know its there, same goes for the wind-out handle
Can you post a pic??
Anonymous

Back to top Go down