The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duetto automatic's vehicle category?

2 posters

Go down

Duetto automatic's vehicle category? Empty Duetto automatic's vehicle category?

Post by MrsGrey Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:28 pm

Hi everyone wave . I'm faced with renewing my driving licence (70 yrs). So I went to do it online and found out that if I drive a C1 class vehicle (3500-7500 kg) I need to get a medical certificate and have to do it non-digitally. The 'Weight' on the V5 is blank and the van is wrapped up and stored for the winter, so ihard to get inside the bonnet. I've asked Autosleeper and they said they would call back. Nothing yet.... tap_fingers Has anyone else any knowledge of whether my 1999 Duetto is a C1?

I have no issue with getting a medical, except my licence runs out in 12 days, including Christmas! uncertain

Thanks for any help.
Jinny
MrsGrey
MrsGrey
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

Duetto automatic's vehicle category? Empty Re: Duetto automatic's vehicle category?

Post by Gromit Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:39 pm

Hi Jinny

Since the MTPLM weight (Maximum Technically Permissable Laden Mass ) of your Duetto appears to be 2900kg you have no problem. You don't need a C1 licence, and therefore no medical required, assuming you suffer from no "notifiable" ailments.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Duetto automatic's vehicle category? Empty Re: Duetto automatic's vehicle category?

Post by MrsGrey Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:02 pm

MrsGrey wrote:Hi everyone wave . I'm faced with renewing my driving licence (70 yrs). So I went to do it online and found out that if I drive a C1 class vehicle (3500-7500 kg) I need to get a medical certificate and have to do it non-digitally. The 'Weight' on the V5 is blank and the van is wrapped up and stored for the winter, so ihard to get inside the bonnet. I've asked Autosleeper and they said they would call back. Nothing yet.... tap_fingers Has anyone else any knowledge of whether my 1999 Duetto is a C1?

I have no issue with getting a medical, except my licence runs out in 12 days, including Christmas! uncertain

Thanks for any help.
Jinny
Thanks so much! gimmefive That's a relief. I don't know why I didn't go to the Becks site -- it's where I bought it in 2012. up!

Jinny
MrsGrey
MrsGrey
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down