The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Symbol TV Bracket

2 posters

Go down

Symbol TV Bracket Empty Symbol TV Bracket

Post by HH66 Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:25 am

Hi,
I'm thinking of buying a 2009 Symbol in the next few weeks and have a query about the TV bracket.  I haven't seen the van in the flesh yet but the TV mount looks like a beast of a piece of kit. (Picture below)  Does anybody know if it's possible to remove it?  I don't watch TV in the van and would like to replace it with a small drop down shelf to stand a laptop on if I want to watch a DVD (that's very old fashioned I know) or stream a film (less old fashioned).
Thanks for any advice.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
HH66
HH66

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Symbol TV Bracket Empty Re: Symbol TV Bracket

Post by Paulmold Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:48 am

I think it only looks a beast because it's double jointed to give a wide variety of positions . Removing it I'm sure won't be a problem but I suspect the aerial socket will come through from the wardrobe and also power 12v and perhaps a mains socket. Also aerial booster will be located inside wardrobe as well. Leaving the power sockets and aerial socket there I'm sure would still allow you to mount a shelf there. Good luck with the purchase.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Symbol TV Bracket Empty Re: Symbol TV Bracket

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:53 am

Hi HH66.
We have a 2011 symbol and that has a flip up shelf as part of the standard build that fits exactly in the same place as your TV mount. I'm sure if you contact Autosleeper parts department they could help.

Regards Wallis  up!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down