The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear Door Concertina Blinds

4 posters

Go down

Rear Door Concertina Blinds Empty Rear Door Concertina Blinds

Post by hat004 Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:42 pm

My Warwick Duo has curtains on the rear doors. I was looking to fit concertina blinds as per the side windows. AS want an arm and a leg to fit new blinds in place of the curtains. Does anyone know where I can get hold of a pair of concertina blinds to fit the rear doors?
hat004

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Rear Door Concertina Blinds Empty Re: Rear Door Concertina Blinds

Post by Kemerton-bath Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:15 pm

I'm sure you'll find a suitable pair of blinds of appropriate dimensions.  That's the easy bit.  Unless you're lucky enough to find a size that exactly matches that of the rear door windows, you'll need to source a stiff plastic or composite sheet that acts as a surround to block out the light not covered by the blind and also provides a mechanical interface between the blind casing and the door window surround. The sheet frame as I'll call it is fixed to the van door window frame with thin brass strips and self tapping screws, and the blind casing is fixed into the sheet frame.  This is what AS do in their design, as I discovered when I refitted one of the rear door blinds that had worked loose on our Kemerton.  I don't know what material AS use for this sheet but it's approx 4 or 5 mm thick and black.

If you're handy with tools and materials then you'll be fine, just so long as you're aware that this interface is more of a challenge than sourcing the blinds themselves.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by roger7webster Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:33 pm

I have removed the rear door concertina blinds because we have a rear end bathroom and they were always closed for privacy.
They are now stored in the loft and they could be yours for £50 the pair. If you are interested PM me and we could arrange the sale etc I live in Callington Cornwall
Roger
roger7webster

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper Model : 2012 Sussex EB panel
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Pauljeff Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:27 am

Good morning hat004 have you managed to add the concertina blinds to your Warwick duo
Pauljeff
Pauljeff

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo

Back to top Go down

Post by hat004 Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:35 am

Not as yet. I have been able to get hold of a second hand set of blinds thanks to Roger Webster. They came c/w the backing boards as well. He also sent me some fitting instructions as to how his were fitted. I have been trying to find a van local to me with the blinds fitted in order to see how best to tackle the job. There would appear to be two methods of fitting them. One entails sticking pieces of wood inside the window frame to mount the surrounds to. The other method suggests using small angle strips screwed into the window surround and then fixing the blind surrounds to these strips.
Any other suggestions or photos of how to fix the blinds would be most appreciated.
hat004

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:51 am

What happens to them when you sit up in bed, my side concertina blinds definitely don't like anything touching them, such as a head?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down