The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faulty hab door lock

5 posters

Go down

Faulty hab door lock Empty Faulty hab door lock

Post by Liz n Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:00 pm

Hello,
We have just noticed that the lower lock on our 2008 Sigma hab door is not working. The bolt has no resistance as if a spring or ratchet has broken within the lock.
Had anyone had this happen on their hab door? We have taken it to our local garage that has carried out various work on the van, and who think that they should be able to repair it. We are also thinking about getting advice from Autosleepers. 
I would be grateful if anyone who has any experience of this happening on their van could offer any words of wisdom.
Many thanks,

Liz
Liz n
Liz n
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sigma
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Faulty hab door lock Empty Re: Faulty hab door lock

Post by Cymro Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:16 pm

If your door is a Hartal make, then you may have suffered the same as we did: a small (but very sharp) piece of metal about an inch long (a bit like a hook) - which acts as a spring within the door - broke. I found it on the floor although it normally lives inside the door. It's that spring which makes the door-locking lever (there are 2 of them which protrude from the door to engage with the U-shaped lug on the door frame) catch the U lug.

When ours broke, the catch wouldn't retract, and I had to push it in every time after opening the door.
I had to take the van back to Willersey for another issue, and they fixed the door then.

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Faulty hab door lock Empty Faulty hab door lock

Post by Liz n Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:43 pm

Thanks, Cymro,
It sounds very similar, although I'm not sure which door we have, our van being quite a bit older than yours. I'll give the folk at Willersey a ring tomorrow,  but hoping it can be fixed here in Yorkshire.

Liz
Liz n
Liz n
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sigma
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:01 pm

Liz n wrote:Thanks, Cymro,
It sounds very similar, although I'm not sure which door we have, our van being quite a bit older than yours. I'll give the folk at Willersey a ring tomorrow,  but hoping it can be fixed here in Yorkshire.

Liz
Hi Liz
Quite an easy fix once you remove the inside panel, your plastic studs come out by pushing in the wee centre pin, try not to push it in to far as you will loose the pin inside the frame.(re- use the stud)
The latching mechanism is a simple affair and prone to wear and tear, you can get replacement latches via the spares department (not cheap) .
However your local garage should be able to attach a couple of new springs, Highland campervans repaired mine on our Sigma last year.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:25 pm

Liz n wrote:Thanks, Cymro,

Liz

If your door looks like this one, it is a Dometic Seitz CaraD-Rplus door.

Faulty hab door lock Hq_P1110043

Exploded diagrams here.

https://www.reimo.com/de/bilder/intern/ersatzteile-daten_2012/dometic-seitz/product-documentation/data/Rep%20CaraD_Rplus_EN.pdf

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by matts vw Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:46 pm

Thanks Peter, that's the same as my door, I have saved that to my phone as you never know what you'll need while away, 

Thanks Matt
matts vw
matts vw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 51
Auto-Sleeper Model : sandhurst
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:03 pm

And if the door is Hartal, it’ll say so on the outside of the door window  at the bottom.
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:42 pm

That's the door Peter, page 9.13 replacement lock 2.9, I sent a photo of my broken latch to the parts department who advised me at the time there was a 6 week parts back log ( July 2017).
I did a DIY repair on the latch until a a gust of wind took the door from my hand and cream cracked both latches, bungee cords held the door closed until it was repaired.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down