The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

auto-sleeper 1st service and Hab in Essex

4 posters

Go down

auto-sleeper 1st service and Hab in Essex Empty auto-sleeper 1st service and Hab in Essex

Post by Corgi Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:26 pm

Hi All 1st post, is anyone willing to recommend a company in Essex, Kingham its only one year old but I want oil & filter change.

Thanks in anticipation
Corgi
Corgi

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

auto-sleeper 1st service and Hab in Essex Empty Re: auto-sleeper 1st service and Hab in Essex

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:05 pm

Hi Corgi
Welcome to the forum from Bridlington .
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

auto-sleeper 1st service and Hab in Essex Empty Re: auto-sleeper 1st service and Hab in Essex

Post by justlooking Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:37 pm

Marquis for the habitation service, & Grose the Peugeot commercial dealer for the vehicle service. Both in Ipswich. Check with Marquis before the service is done how they intend to do the damp check on a van conversion, as they didn't do as thorough a job as the previous service done by Marquis Sussex.There's a diagram they use, rather like the diagram used by car hire companies, on which they notate the dampness readings they take. Marquis Ipswich didn't take many readings, as they said that a van conversion didn't need so many. However they should take a reading around every hole in the habitation conversion, and there are quite a few. Worthwhile discussing this first, before they start. Other than that they were thorough with all the other checks. If you use them, book well ahead, as their worksheets are full, especially towards the Spring. Annual service £209.
Grose were good in a modern, main dealer way. Van was given back gleaming - should have been given the cost of the service. - £265.
Best of luck
justlooking
justlooking

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : IH 630 RL
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Corgi Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:09 am

Thanks justlooking much appreciated, am booked in for the 1 year oil and filter £149 but is the Hab check needed every 1 or 2 years.
Cheers
Corgi
Corgi

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Penny Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:52 am

To validate your warranty, habitation service has to be done every year while under warranty by your dealership. As for your vehicle service, it doesn't have to be done by a main dealer. If you have a reliable local garage you can trust, you can use them as long as they use original parts or parts of equivalent quality.

I have used a local garage for my vehicle service since new, he is very familiar with the rules and does comply. When I get my vehicle back I know all work has been carried out correctly.
Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex Broadway owner
Vehicle Year : 2014 mod

Back to top Go down