The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battery/Water Gauge

3 posters

Go down

Battery/Water Gauge Empty Battery/Water Gauge

Post by Zapot Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:56 pm

The Battery/Water Gauge on my 2002 Topaz failed to register last time I was away, after much searching for a replacement decided to bite the bullet and strip it down. First check was using a voltmeter to ensure a voltage was present when toggling the switch in both directions no problem with feed so its got to be the gauge itself. Carefully opening the gauge I found the adhesive holding the calibrated back plate had failed allowing the plate to fall forward and stop the indicator needle from moving. Carefully removing the old adhesive and then applying a thin layer of new adhesive and reassembling, now fully operational again. Simple repair at no cost.

Posted in the hope it may help someone else with the same problem. I guess these gauges may be fitted to various Autosleeper models around the same age. Don't you just love it when a job goes smoothly.
Zapot
Zapot

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Battery/Water Gauge Empty Re: Battery/Water Gauge

Post by rogerblack Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:12 pm

Thanks Zapot, useful to know as our 2002 Pollensa has the same system.
One of the reasons we keep ours is because of things like this - I can actually fix or replace discrete components such as dials, knobs, relays, manual switches, etc.
Later models mostly appear to incorporate complex electronic control panels with touch controls where if one function fails, it seems the whole panel has to be scrapped and replaced at horrendous cost.  If that's the price of progress, it's not for me!

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Battery/Water Gauge Empty Re: Battery/Water Gauge

Post by catperson Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:39 pm

that's very useful info - thanks Zapot