The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Select Your Motorhome with Comfort Insurance

5 posters

Go down

Select Your Motorhome with Comfort Insurance Empty Select Your Motorhome with Comfort Insurance

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:46 pm

Any PVC owners requesting an insurance quote from Comfort Insurance has to choose from the list below.
What did you select?

Select Your Motorhome with Comfort Insurance Which_10
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Select Your Motorhome with Comfort Insurance Empty Re: Select Your Motorhome with Comfort Insurance

Post by gemdeco Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:41 am

Hi
   If I had a standard production panel van conversion ,I would choose a fixed roof camper
regards
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Select Your Motorhome with Comfort Insurance Empty Re: Select Your Motorhome with Comfort Insurance

Post by Kingham Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:11 pm

That must be new, I've been with Comfort several years now, from pre PVC ownership and never seen that screen before.

As gemdeco, my choice would be fixed roof campervan.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham

Back to top Go down

Post by Windychippy Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:09 pm

Mines dues for renewal next week with Comfort and is £30 cheaper this year. up!
Windychippy
Windychippy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:25 pm

They are quoting me £336 with protected NCB (an extra £30) and includes European Breakdown.
The euro breakdown is attractive as I am planning a Nordkapp trip next June and that will likely be 3 weeks plus (AA quote £7 per day).
On the other hand I think these Boxers are rock solid so I don't think the van will breakdown. up!

I did fixed roof campervan and high roof campervan and they were both the same. content
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mindhyg Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:43 am

AutoSleepy_Don wrote:They are quoting me £336 with protected NCB (an extra £30) and includes European Breakdown.
The euro breakdown is attractive as I am planning a Nordkapp trip next June and that will likely be 3 weeks plus (AA quote £7 per day).
On the other hand I think these Boxers are rock solid so I don't think the van will breakdown. up!

I did fixed roof campervan and high roof campervan and they were both the same. content
Hi Don. They are very good and just renewed my 2017 Fairford at £305 with the same cover as yours and 5000 miles. Must have A/S working tracker with current subscription though.  drinksallround
Mindhyg
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford

Back to top Go down

Post by Windychippy Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:24 pm

AutoSleepy_Don wrote:They are quoting me £336 with protected NCB (an extra £30) and includes European Breakdown.

Hi Don
Do you not have the Peugeot Assistance that comes with the new Boxer, covers a certain amount of European Assistance or do you need a higher level of cover. Interested to know before we travel overseas.
Cheers
Windychippy
Windychippy
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:02 pm

Windychippy wrote:
Hi Don
Do you not have the Peugeot Assistance that comes with the new Boxer, covers a certain amount of European Assistance or do you need a higher level of cover. Interested to know before we travel overseas.
Cheers
I feel very secure with Peugeot Assistance but it only covers the first 12 months. I am going to the northern tip of Norway next June when the van will be 21 months old.
That's 5,000 miles which is enough to make me think I should have some cover even though I have a lot of faith in these Boxers. I expect the microwave will drop out halfway there but I believe the van will keep motoring.
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Windychippy Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:47 am

AutoSleepy_Don wrote:
Windychippy wrote:
Hi Don
Cheers
I feel very secure with Peugeot Assistance but it only covers the first 12 months. I am going to the northern tip of Norway next June when the van will be 21 months old.
That's 5,000 miles which is enough to make me think I should have some cover even though I have a lot of faith in these Boxers. I expect the microwave will drop out halfway there but I believe the van will keep motoring.
Hi Don
          Understand. Have just checked my Peugeot Assist. paper work and I'm covered till Aug. 2019 but then I did pay £150 for 2 extra years cover and it's the AA that turn out so not sure if that's a good deal or not!
Windychippy
Windychippy
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:43 pm

And the answer is that Comfort Insurance classify an AS Warwick Duo as a "Low Profile Coachbuilt".
Suprised me.   scratch head
The man on the phone said it was important.

The difference is the policy is called "Horizon" whereas Hightop Campervan was called "Twilight". and its £332 with protected NCB and 10,000 miles so £4 cheaper and includes commuting. Cant see anythying else different.
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Back to top Go down