The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will digital clock drain my battery ??!

3 posters

Go down

Will digital clock drain my battery ??! Empty Will digital clock drain my battery ??!

Post by mount66blue Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:41 pm

Hello all
Brand new to the site and motor homes. Just dipping my tie with an AS Symbol 2000 and am unsure about battery life. I have a digital clock that stays on once I lock the van up. Will this drain my battery particularly over winter?? As I say absolutely brand new to everything but really enjoying it at the moment..
mount66blue
mount66blue

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Will digital clock drain my battery ??! Empty Re: Will digital clock drain my battery ??!

Post by Paulmold Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:51 pm

Please take a moment to say hello....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Will digital clock drain my battery ??! Empty Re: Will digital clock drain my battery ??!

Post by rogerblack Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:26 pm

Is it LCD or LED?  The former uses very little current, the latter a bit more. However I'd be surprised of either of these uses as much as your alarm system on standby.  

Are you able to leave your motorhome on hookup when not in use, either permanently or intermittently? Alternatively, do you have solar panels?

Or finally, the best option, why not enjoy using it all through the year. It's better for it to do so, failing which at least give it a good run out now and again, rather than leaving it standing idle for weeks/months on end.

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down